THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, May 2, 2020

A QUESTION OF JUDGMENT

I had a good comment:

Iraq, I really enjoy your blog. I've been following it since its early days and I rarely ever comment, even though I don't always agree with what you say. But I need to push back here. Please don't issue judgements and supposition on who will and won't "make it" into the Savior's kingdom. I've been seeing this a lot from you lately and I just can't remain silent any more. You're frankly not qualified to judge anybody in the context of eternal life. None of us are, save Jesus only. Your understanding of the facts and realities of those whose lives are different than yours is woefully inadequate, and you're just as ragged a sinner compared to the perfection of Christ as anybody else. So leave the it in the hands of God. He doesn't need any help or input to judge us eternally. Our job is to love, admonish, admonish with love, repent, love some more, repent some more,and keep on loving and enduring and repenting. (But of course, you already know this from our conversations.) I really respect you, Iraq, and I enjoy our association. Keep up the good work and hang in there.

Just to clarify, I usually do not comment on comments, unless I think there is some merit to the complaint/question.

But, I get the same complaint from my wife.....lol, so here I go.

I do not hold any kind of keys on judgment.  Only to my own and obliquely to possibly my wife and children, in that I have stewardship there.

What I do hold is a key of knowledge.  I understand cause/effect when it comes to how commandments affect outcomes.  I understand, for example, that if a person chain smokes, there is a highly elevated chance they will have lung cancer for their troubles.  If someone loves the chain smoker, they will adjure them to quit while they still have their health about them.

I understand many of the commandments because I understand and actually read the scriptures.  I want to know my governing legal documents.  I understand pretty well the size (width/height etc) of the door I need to get through.  Strait is the way, that leads to Eternal Life.  Not very wide from my reckoning.  So, when we have an earth covered in sin; literally bathed in sin, it is pretty clear that none of us is going to easily make it.  This is not judgment, this is fact based on simple observation.

The other reason I come off as judgy is that I am interested in turning off the trolls and other parasites that love to hang out on a blog where it is said like it is.  If you cut hard enough, they finally cannot take it and leave it alone.  I have had a few like my sis, my MIL, the co-worker who found my commentary injurious and helped me get fired (thank you, BTW if you are still on and not laid off from the 70% cuts there that will probably be near-permanent...), and a few others who really do not belong on this blog like the rainbow crowd. 

This blog is for people who typically are staunch LDS or moving that direction and who are interested in end-time scenarios.  If you are not, please move along.  I have no place for you here, unless you desire to learn.  If you are here to mock or find fault - you can exit.  I have, in times past, strongly considered a subscription service, wherein I would require a FB passport to read the blog and I would be able screen people.  That way, I would be able to REALLY say how I feel....

Anyway - yeah, if you are a troll that takes exception with my views for example, that butt sex is heinous as it will not lead to reproduction which is the first commandment, then take a hike.  I will not change my stance.  I love the person - but detest the sin in that it is filthy and the stats for male homosexuals' lifespans are horrible and back me up.  Facts and data.   Clean it up, folks.  There is a reason you die 20-30 years sooner than your heterosexual counterparts.  Repent now (change).  It is simple.  Wickedness never was happiness.  Fact.  Because it is rarely said over the PC pulpit, I will say it here.  Even Spencer, who gently said that homosexuality and other stuff is demonic possession, was cut to the bone over that statement.  We have a compliant and complicit culture that coddles and basically ensures that repentance/change will not occur, and we have lost this generation to the fire that is coming because of it.

If you don't like the blog, please feel free to move along.

If I did not love someone, I would not feel the need to correct them to a way that will produce a longer and more healthy life.  That is the greatest form of love.  I have a few daughters who are true health nuts like their momma and they constantly nag me over food choices.  Not because they are mean-spirited, but because they love me and are attempting to do me a service.  Doing the difficult thing, even in the face of danger (or losing their allowance....). 

Anything else is truly soy-boy....  No tofu for me!

1 comment:

  1. i would say well said, i have met a lot of people who are very closed minded in the church, here is a perfect example of what i mean. "if the prophet doesnt say it, it doesnt matter, or i believe in Christ so i dont need to prepare i trust in him and he will take care of me" there is a reason when Christ showed him self to the nephites after his death, the announcement of his coming was not by the active prophet it was from quote unquote the enemy. in fact his speech was not even recorded till Christ himself told the active prophet to write it down. now if you were righteous did you need the speech from samuel maybe not or maybe you would have ignored the speech because it didn't come from the active prophet. but for people who are always trying to listen to the spirit, well even the current prophet today tells us you survive with out the spirit, in the case of judging people if you go to the scripture certain acts have consequences attached to them. can i not say these types of people can expect this type of result. 1 cor 6:9 i think the problem comes in when we say "john" or "sue" is going to hell. that is when the problem occurs. one other thing bugs about the complaint to you. "Our job is to love, admonish, admonish with love, repent, love some more, repent some more,and keep on loving and enduring and repenting" while that is true, i think there is more to it. it sounds like your saying is,(not to put words in your mouth) that im not aloud to say what your doing is wrong and sinful, even though i am not perfect? most everyone thinks our Christ is this mild manner pacifist he was not. i doubt he was smiling when he whipped the money changers and threw over there tables. im sure nephi loved laben as he smote off his head,or captain moroni sending thousands to there death with love. Pres Nelson is correct we will not survive the future without the spirit because things are going to change. just my humble take on things

    ReplyDelete