THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, October 1, 2018

WHERE IN THE WORLD IS JOHN PONTIUS' WIFE

I was chatting with an awesome fellow yesterday in our new ward who was also led to Cardston many years ago by revelation and he told me that John Pontius' wife (I have it on pretty good authority from a second witness) that she was told to move to Cardston (and has done so - at least in the summer times).

I am hoping to have dinner with her at some point....  These things take time.

The way that I run into random people is awesome.  When you tell them that you started your journey to Cardston about 20 years ago - people either roll their eyes, or those eyes brighten up; precisely because they have a similar story and know you are part of "that group".

All the people of "that group" often report that they are kind of considered outsiders to the core Cardston group.  Some are bullied - many are not.  Some are disenchanted - and want to know why a Zion Society does not welcome them with open arms. 

I have a connection through my mother - and my last name gives me some sort of pass; but it is a tough row to hoe for many.  We also had a friend who took our family under his wing and helped us become "socially connected", as he is firmly in the middle of most social circles here.

One of the traits of a Zion Society is that they see ALL children as Father's children and are not cliquish.  My mother's family was very poor in 1930's Cardston, and my mother had to deal with the humiliation of having to wear dresses made out of flour sacks (turned inside out).  Yes, that was a thing among the very poor of the time.

She never got over that - and it stayed with her during her whole life.  She almost forbade me of playing football over the way that the more wealthy of Cardston (who were often the jocks and popular kids of the school), treated her during the 30's and 40's.  I have an aunt who has the opposite story - but her personality is almost diametrically opposed to that of my mother.  So I am gauging my experience against that of my mother and my children (one who is sensitive to things and the other who has the personality of a leader).

Either way, those that remain will have to deal with many, many outsiders and they will either be of the kind that accepts and nurtures or who rejects and then who are ultimately rejected of the Lord.  We must remember that the Savior is NO respecter of persons - just character.  For He truly can make stones into Children of Abraham if He so chooses (lineage or names do not matter; character does).

I hear over and over that we are a temple observing and going people here - and the people here are exceptional among many or most in the Church (when it comes to attendance and etc) - but so were the people in Jesus' day.  They dwelt in the shadow of the Temple - and they also perished within it's walls.  There are few guarantees in true judgment - only how the Scales tip when we are weighed in the balance.

No comments:

Post a Comment