THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, October 15, 2018

FAMINE IN THE LAND? AN OBLIQUE VIEW OF THE ISSUE

Well, famine does not always mean drought - as it is classically envisioned.

There are several things that could lead to it including loss of pollinators, bad weather that does not allow planting nor harvesting or the presence of things in the air or environment that cause plants to not thrive (such as red dust from a comet or volcanic ash obscuring the sun and reducing the amount of light and heat that hits the earth).

Another cause could be a massive hailstorm of hail consisting of stones or ice that pummels the crops of the earth and leaves little or no food for the people.

This is the reason we have a food storage in place.

I was talking to a neighbor who feels like this is all alarmist talk and that "until I hear it directly from the Prophet, I am not going to worry about it".....  This, the mother of 8 children and likely counting.  I just walk away slack-jawed.  How do you counter that??  We HAVE been commanded of a Prophet - for YEARS.  Yet, the first people to show up on our doorstep in a crisis will be this woman and her 8+ children asking for food.  I cannot turn away a starving child - but I sure can turn away an indolent adult.....  These are not slackers - but people who occupy lofty positions in the Church and who are too wise to be wrapped around the axle about such petty things.  I honestly hope that they perish in the plagues - because I am afraid that I will be resentful of them, if asked to carry them during the low point.  I hate to say it - but I feel that way (but not for the children who are innocent, hapless victims).

I am sad and indignant at the same time.  Obviously, folks are not looking at the real news - but have drunk the "all is well in ______" kool-aid.  Truly, they are under the influence of a deep and restful sleep.  What can you do?  I just share - and then move on, just as I did on my mission.  We are the finders or hunters - and must weed and separate among fools.  It is a thankless job - for now.

And so we go.

Here is the article on struggling bees that got me spun up:

https://www.lmtonline.com/news/article/Hyperalarming-study-shows-massive-insect-loss-13308742.php

As a side note, the farmers may finally be able to harvest the last 30% of the wheat and other crops that has laid in the fields in the last month of rain and cold weather in the S. Alberta area.  It has been a brutal year for farmers.  No rain when they needed it - too much when they did not.  Building in this weather melee has been a whole other situation.  You have to be a hardy soul in these parts to not get discouraged.

2 comments:

  1. Don't forget about WAR and political upheaval being among the biggest inducers of famine!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ditches have all filled in...no one knows how to flood irrigate anymore. If the grid falters, and farmers can’t power up their pumps; if diesel becomes unavailable or cost prohibitive, then producers won’t be able to water their crops...or plant them in the first place...or harvest them.

    While Hinkley was the presiding prophet , he counseled to hearken to the story of Joseph in Egypt. He then painstakingly read about seven years of preparation AND SEVEN years of want.
    He who has ears to hear: let him understand

    ReplyDelete