THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, October 10, 2018

THE KEY TO CALLING DOWN THE POWERS OF HEAVEN IS OBEDIENCE

Folks, I fall short daily.  Some days - flat on my face.  But I have seen enough to know that obedience is the key.  The key scripture is D&C 93:1.

If we want something badly enough, we will qualify ourselves for it by showing our obedience to the principle associated with the blessing we seek.  It is very simple.  Each commandment has an associated requirement and blessing that is the outcome.  If we do not want to be swept from the Promised Land, we need to honor our parents (in righteousness - Abraham simply did not have to honor his wicked father who sought his life for evil motives).  If we want to enjoy the ministration of protecting angels as the destroyer passes over during the tribulations, we need to keep the Word of Wisdom with exactness.  We have been asked by our current Prophet to double down and keep the Sabbath Day holy in order to reap the associated blessings in these perilous times.  Each thing providing a layer of protection as we descend into difficult times.

As we keep the commandments with exactness, we become Justified before the Lord.  As our power in the Priesthood increases, we become more holy and sanctified and the old creature is purged by the First Comforter or Holy Ghost.  Eventually, we qualify for angelic ministrants as we are shown in the Endowment.  In the end, we qualify for a personal visitation of the Lord or Second Comforter.  Eventually, we are presented to the Father by our Savior (Third Comforter?) and eventually, we have the privilege of meeting our Divine Mother (Fourth Comforter??).  Every young man dying in battle calls out for his mother to comfort him - just as he did as a little boy.  As we take damage in this spiritual battle and suffer greatly, we find ourselves calling out for heavenly parents for comfort.

I happen to think the greatest salve of the eternities would be the embrace of a Heavenly Mother.  It is on my bucket list one day.  Verse 1 of this section is the gate to that event.

Doctrine and Covenants

Section 93

Revelation given through Joseph Smith the Prophet, at Kirtland, Ohio, May 6, 1833.
1–5, All who are faithful will see the Lord; 6–18, John bore record that the Son of God went from grace to grace until He received a fulness of the glory of the Father; 19–20, Faithful men, going from grace to grace, will also receive of His fulness; 21–22, Those who are begotten through Christ are the Church of the Firstborn; 23–28, Christ received a fulness of all truth, and man by obedience may do likewise; 29–32, Man was in the beginning with God; 33–35, The elements are eternal, and man may receive a fulness of joy in the Resurrection; 36–37, The glory of God is intelligence; 38–40, Children are innocent before God because of the redemption of Christ; 41–53, The leading brethren are commanded to set their families in order.
Verily, thus saith the Lord: It shall come to pass that every soul who forsaketh his sins and cometh unto me, and calleth on my name, and obeyeth my voice, and keepeth my commandments, shall see my face and know that I am;
And that I am the true light that lighteth every man that cometh into the world;
And that I am in the Father, and the Father in me, and the Father and I are one—
The Father because he gave me of his fulness, and the Son because I was in the world and made flesh my tabernacle, and dwelt among the sons of men.
I was in the world and received of my Father, and the works of him were plainly manifest.

1 comment:

  1. The writer of this blog is obviously sleaking from experience or has a very intimate relationship with the Holy Spirit...either way, he is exactly correct. Seek and one shall find, but nothing must be waivering

    ReplyDelete