THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, September 24, 2018

WRITING STYLES IN THE BOOK OF MORMON - AND A SHAMELESS PLUG FOR VISIONS OF GLORY, 5TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION

Folks, I am not the sharpest tool in the shed, but as a teen, as I began to read all of the different books in scripture, I began to realize that there were distinct "voices" within each major book of scripture.  Even though the Book of Mormon was penned by the same guy, each book had it's own flavor of writing and speaking. 

Same thing with the Pearl of Great Price and the Doctrine and Covenants.  All different styles - all having fallen from the same lips of the same man.  I am not the brightest - but I picked up on that.

This nails down exactly what I had been thinking for the past nearly 40 years.  I love it when science and logic backs my personal revelation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Ke4d7HXae0

Anyone without a bias - will see it plain as day.  I feel sorry for several people in my wife's family who are burdened with sin to the point that they are jaded and not able to see things as they are.....  Only when they are freed from the body which enslaves them to addictive behavior and they have been pummeled by beings of darkness, will they reach out for the truth.  It will be a hard process - but one that they will have willfully chosen to follow.

I got the new Visoins of Glory (5 year edition) for my 50th yesterday and we read the part where Spencer describes what it is like to be dragged down into sin under the influence of addictive behavior and under the influence of beings of darkness.  It is both alarming and sobering.  We really must fight sin with every fiber of our beings!

1 comment: