THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, September 6, 2018

BEING ABLE TO TRAVEL AT THE SPEED OF THOUGHT

I have a few friends up here in Cardston who are quite sincere in their belief that, as terrestrial beings, they are able/will be able to travel at the speed of thought.  One - who is quite sane - believes he does so now during his dreams and ministers to many around the world while his body is resting comfortably in his bed.

I believe this is possible.

Spencer spoke of it.  I believe it.  I have met him - I know he is sane and sound.  I would trust him as much as I trust myself.

This mode of travel (in the body - and not just by spirit) will be enjoyed by terrestrial beings.  This ability is bestowed by the Savior.  It was given to John the Revelator and also the Three Nephites.  We have a Three Nephite story in our family.  As a side note:  it seems that most or all of those experiences stopped happening after the people rejected the higher law of marriage.  That is all I will say for now.  Our experience happened in the Logan Valley in the 1870's.  It is recorded in our family history.

The idea that people (with palpable body parts), just vaporize into thin air fits this idea.  Without a body, a person is able to travel at the speed of thought, move through stone and Oaks and other natural materials.  Spencer talked in VoG of the Prophet (with a palpable, corporeal body) who is called in the Conference Center, being in Cardston in SLC before he left on the trek north and then being there when he got to Cardston.  I have grappled with how this is possible - and logically, came to this conclusion:

Could it not be that, at that meeting in the Conference Center, select individuals such as the Prophet and surviving/new Apostles will be given that power?  Just as John and the Three were given?

I believe it is entirely possible to be the case.

Past precedent - present case.

Just a thought that my "ever-turning" mind kicked up.  Everything has to make sense to me and I have to see the bigger picture, or it just does not work for me.  I am glad I have that need - it keeps me seeking and yearning for the truth.

2 comments:

  1. My sister said she would do this -travel and heal people in spirit. It came about when she got into energy healing. Her spirit would leave her body and go heal people in need. It got deep and deeper and then it got dark and darker - she left the church. She left Christ and her life has been a wreck. She is still into the energy healing.

    I am not saying that your guy is doing energy healing but I would say this road is a dangerous one. One path I stay far away from.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes but wasn't/isn't the portal traveling accomplished by terrestrial translated beings? Spencer had visions of what will be (although he experienced it in real time). Many at the conference he mentions were changed. Your neighbor/friend may be envisioning what he may yet choose to do?

    ReplyDelete