THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, September 12, 2018

POWER IN THE PRIESTHOOD

This is one of my favorite stories, ever:

http://www.latterdayblog.com/vision-miracles-of-iohani-wolfgramm.html#more-233

This blogger does his research meticulously.

I have a few comments on this story.  I had read it the year before our son (named after Dallin H. Oaks) died.  The first thing I did was to call my hometeacher to use our Priesthood to raise him back up.  I was not thinking straight (was pretty much out of my mind as the "protector" that had somehow not done my job for the little guy), and I did not/could not even formulate the idea that he was simply called home and the dream I had been given in the night confirmed this.

Iohanni was much more level-headed with his tragedy.  It was given to him to increase the faith of the righteous around him.  Incidentally, I later corresponded with this daughter (that was raised from the dead - who was a nurse at the time in SL Valley; 2003).  She compiled her father's experiences and published them in a book which I asked and paid for a copy of.

In blessing his daughter, Iohanni simply reviewed all of the cases for the Lord where miracles had been granted on behalf of the faithful.  He likely then reviewed himself (repented/asked for forgiveness of recent personal shortcomings) and then proceeded to bless her - AFTER the Spirit moved upon him.  THIS was a TEXTBOOK use of the power of the Priesthood.

I urge ALL males who would like to perfect their gift to follow this formula.  I have the gift of healing - and have used it in this manner to be an instrument in the Lord's hands to remove the cancer from my friend's foot.  He was finally desperate and humble enough when they told him he had two weeks before the operation to amputate the foot to keep the cells from spreading (and requiring additional amputations up that limb).  He went in for the pre-op and they told him to go home.  It had completely reversed itself.  The key in both cases - was that the person who needed to be healed had faith in their Lord Jesus Christ.

That is where the power is.  The Priesthood is just a conduit for access to the Lord's healing power and grace.

1 comment:

  1. Where would one purchase a copy of this book? I would love it, what a testimony builder for my family and I!

    ReplyDelete