THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, September 6, 2018

THE TEMPLE SCRIPTURE

When I go to the temple, after an extraordinary experience doing so, I have made it a custom to say a quick prayer about the needs that I have at the time or over things that I am learning and then ask the Lord to "Teach me", prior to opening the triple combo.  I then let the scrips fall open and I begin reading.

This is what I received this last visit:

And behold, I say unto you, they were delivered out of the hands of the people of king Noah, by the mercy and power of God.
And behold, after that, they were brought into bondage by the hands of the Lamanites in the wilderness; yea, I say unto you, they were in captivity, and again the Lord did deliver them out of bondage by the power of his word; and we were brought into this land, and here we began to establish the church of God throughout this land also.And now behold, I say unto you, my brethren, you that belong to this church, have you sufficiently retained in remembrance the captivity of your fathers? Yea, and have you sufficiently retained in remembrance his mercy and long-suffering towards them? And moreover, have ye sufficiently retained in remembrance that he has deliveredtheir souls from hell?
Behold, he changed their hearts; yea, he awakened them out of a deep sleep, and they awoke unto God. Behold, they were in the midst of darkness; nevertheless, their souls were illuminated by the light of the everlasting word; yea, they were encircled about by the bands of death, and the chains of hell, and an everlasting destruction did await them.And now I ask of you, my brethren, were they destroyed? Behold, I say unto you, Nay, they were not.

I had a conversation with a few people who have woken up recently (pink high-lighted text above) and it is heartening to see.  OTOH, I have had many where people prefer just to drift back into that oh-so comfortable slumber.  Why?  I am not sure if it is laziness or what it is, for sure...

Having children and responsibilities, I feel a strong sense of duty to make sure I have covered all of my bases.  It is instinctual for me.  Any father who does not perform this duty is derelict, in my opinion.... and worthy of bearing the FULL weight of the suffering of his wife and children if he should drop that particular ball - when having been warned (by now-silent prophets).

Last of all - I wanted to comment on the blue highlighted text above.  Even the elect will be subject to the above.

No comments:

Post a Comment