THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, February 16, 2015

NOISY NEIGHBORS? NO PROBLEMS IF YOU HAVE AN OLD MICROWAVE

I have what I call the "flux capacitor" sitting on my desk.  It is the emitter from a 900 Watt microwave that I bought used for $15 at a second hand store for the turntable motor, the glass plate and some other parts to fix a one-of-a-kind microwave in my RV.  The parts were relatively easy to interchange.  I have always wanted to check out the guts of one of those and see what makes them tick, so I tore apart the balance of the appliance.

When I have a "prize", I bring it in for the geek hour show and tell.  Howard, the rainman engineer shows up.  I show it to him - and he just goes, "oh yeah, I had a neighbor above me that would not shut his TV down at 2am in the morning.  After refusing to listen to me when I was nice about it, I got an old microwave, rigged it on a stand to point up  and moved it around the apt on a low power setting until I could hear a ton of distortion from the woofer above and then hit it until the boom".  This is approximately what it looked like.....:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=UrXYA_gGLrA#t=102

I love the Campbell's Soup can the kid used for the microwave horn. The "flux capacitor" is the unit he has rigged to the end of the pole.

All I can say is - never try this at home, and never mess with an angry engineer if you like your electronics.  Now I just have to figure out how to rig one of these to my car to take care of the vibrating bass with the foul-lyrics of the rap music in the car next to me.....

Disclaimer:  Death or injury could result from using this "ray gun" without proper safety measures in place.


No comments:

Post a Comment