THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, February 14, 2015

50 SHADES OF TRASH

Here is a warning that should be heeded on Fifty Shades of Trash.  I have all kinds of advice I could give on bedroom activities.  I am an engineer - and I believe in iterative processes in every thing I do that is repetitive.  I never get bored with the same commute into work, because the directing of the car around each corner and road can be optimized until you do it nearly perfectly for the 1000th time, matching machine and road conditions until you reach a pinnacle of perfection.  A woman is an incredibly complex "machine" - one that could keep an inquisitive man completely up to his eyeballs in mystery for the rest of possibly eternity.  Men, on the other hand, are very simple creatures to understand and "tame".

So, for many couples, boredom becomes a serious problem in the "divorce danger zone" of falling male testosterone levels, combined with peaking female sexual desire in the early to mid-40's just prior to menopause - which can cause men serious pause.....  In this malaise that many fall into, they seek out increasingly bizarre sexual practices that can often lead to adultery and worse.  I already blogged on the problem with wife-swapping in Draper, UT - which will soon become Lake Draper.....
This movie attempts to distort a normal sexual relationship.  Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise did some kind of sexual thriller about this kind of thing which included orgiastic parties (partner swapping) and at that point (forensically analyzing their relationship in retrospect), the writing was on the wall in their off-screen relationship.  After the whole partner swapping thing no longer provided the "high" that they sought, Tom Cruise sought out homosexual relationships - and he then went through several "show relationships" where the women were simply there to quell the rumors.  John TRevolta did the same thing and is now a raging flamer.  He followed the standard protocol for the regression.  Men that could have any woman that they wanted - but ended up tightly bound in the d'evil's agenda of homosexuality.  The devil will never enjoy the comfort of a woman - and he is insanely angry at those of his spiritual siblings who attained flesh and who have balanced relationships that are healthy and lead to children, continuing of the seed and eternal joy - as God has planned for his offspring who aspire to return to the highest degree of glory in God's presence.  God creates, the d'evil imitates (and quite poorly - I might add).

So, 50 Shades of Trash will lead many down a path that will lead to physical, emotional and mental  destruction.  I thought this psychologist put it quite well:

A Psychiatrist’s Letter to Young People about Fifty Shades of Grey

Article taken from Miriam Grossman MD

February 11, 2015



There’s nothing gray about Fifty Shades of Grey. It’s all black.

Let me explain.

I help people who are broken inside. Unlike doctors who use x-rays or blood tests to determine why someone’s in pain, the wounds that interest me are hidden. I ask questions, and listen carefully to the answers. That’s how I discover why the person in front of me is “bleeding”.

Years of careful listening have taught me a lot. One thing I’ve learned is that young people are utterly confused about love – finding it and keeping it. They make poor choices, and end up in lots of pain.

I don’t want you to suffer like the people I see in my office, so I’m warning you about a new movie called Fifty Shades of Grey. Even if you don’t see the film, its toxic message is seeping into our culture, and could plant dangerous ideas in your head.

Fifty Shades of Grey is being released for Valentine’s Day, so you’ll think it’s a romance, but don’t fall for it. The movie is actually about a sick, dangerous relationship filled with physical and emotional abuse. It seems glamorous, because the actors are gorgeous, have expensive cars and planes, and Beyonce is singing. You might conclude that Christian and Ana are cool, and that their relationship is acceptable.

Don’t allow yourself to be manipulated! The people behind the movie just want your money; they have no concern whatsoever about you and your dreams.

Abuse is not glamorous or cool. It is never OK, under any circumstances.

This is what you need to know about Fifty Shades of Grey: as a child, Christian Grey was terribly neglected. He is confused about love because he never experienced the real thing. In his mind, love is tangled up with bad feelings like pain and embarrassment. Christian enjoys hurting women in bizarre ways. Anastasia is an immature girl who falls for Christian’s looks and wealth, and foolishly goes along with his desires.

In the real world, this story would end badly, with Christian in jail, and Ana in a shelter – or morgue. Or Christian would continue beating Ana, and she’d stay and suffer. Either way, their lives would most definitely not be a fairy tale. Trust me on this one.

As a doctor, I’m urging you: DON’T see Fifty Shades of Grey. Get informed, learn the facts, and explain to your friends why they shouldn’t see it either.

Here are a few of the dangerous ideas promoted by Fifty Shades of Grey:

1. Girls want guys like Christian who order them around and get rough.

No! A psychologically healthy woman avoids pain. She wants to feel safe, respected and cared for by a man she can trust. She dreams about wedding gowns, not handcuffs.

(Continued at:)

[link to www.megmeekermd.com]

3 comments:

  1. Patterns, ideas, and imitation.
    "We are trying to be the image of those who live in heaven; we are trying to pattern after them, to look like them, to walk and talk like them, to deal like them, and build up the kingdom of heaven as they have done." -Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, 9:170

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not read the book, nor will I see he movie. It's just too dangerous for a normal male to fill his mind with these types of mental programming. The pop song of the radio from the movie is evocative enough. I now switch stations to avoid the Pavlovian conditioning. (I've done so for years).
    Believe me I'm no prude, and enjoy intimacy. However I agree with Dr. Meeker that the best relationships are built on respect, trust, caring for your spouse more than your self, and while not one of Meeker's points - trying to integrate the gospel of Christ into every facet of life.
    I know, it doesn't make me a very good secular humanist, and many of my college professors would be aghast that I did not accept their swill as my progressive world view. I guess that shows the true power of education - the ability to think, analyse and come to rational conclusions independent of what others may want you to believe or "take it on faith" that what they say is the only acceptable answer: especially if you hope to get into grad school and need their endorsements.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Holy Ghost is my professor. Nothing but 50 Shades of EVIL. I did not read the books. Do not intend to see the movie and must question the moral integrity of anyone I know who reads the books/sees the move and professes to be a disciple of Jesus Christ. In fact, I intend to send out a note to all I know stating just that very thing.

    Just another tool of Satan to corrupt and deceive in our faces. So glorified and dramatized in the media. So sickening!!! Thank you IRAQ.....AGAIN sir for posting the things you do. I make it a high point of my day to visit this site brother. THANK YOU!

    ReplyDelete