THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, February 13, 2015

AT ODDS ON THE WHITEHORSE PROPHECY

A commenter asked if the Church disavowed the Whitehorse Prophecy.  And I was sure I would get asked this question.

Yes, whomever also threw BY under the bus, much of the ToPJS and many more things that I hold precious, up to and including much of Section 132 (at least in principle).  Yes, whomever that was, did disavow it.  But - I would ask them why we are on a collision course with all of the events called out in the WH Prophecy.  Many have already occurred - many we are on the cusp of.  Reports from the field and much else found in this blog do not lie.  We are going head to head with Russia - and we will lose.  Cleon Skousen said so much, as well.  He was in the ETB camp and was given his mandate for writing what he wrote, directly from David O. McKay (J. Reuben Clark).

Truth be known (in my opinion), after ETB died, there was a "soft coup" in this nation and within the Church.  I am not talking the top - I am talking amongst the bureaucrats that make up the rank and file in the mid-level church structure and among the intellectual and power/wealth elite.  I have never openly said this before - but I feel that ETB knew of the power struggle and was silenced by the factions within the struggle.  Looking at how things played out in the early 1990's and the outfall that ensued, something happened.  No more was there open talk of an international conspiracy (which has since erupted onto the world scene and has now become conspiracy fact), just talk to obey our national leaders and be good little minions.  At the same time, we had one of the most murderous bunch of gads to ever be in the whorehouse (the Clintons).  We also began our cultural marxist slide to where we are at today - to the point that you cannot openly talk of the abomination of sin in the workplace or sometimes (depending on the crowd), even in church.  It will end with sometime soon, the declaration that all peoples should just get married, man/man; woman/woman, etc etc.  We are seeing it with the latest papa in the Catholic church - a level of cultural marxism and spiritual anarchy where pretty much anything goes.  And the popularity of the pope has just shot to all-time highs; our latest media darling.

Folks, we are in a desperate war of words in this final battle for what is right and wrong.  It will seem like we are going to lose - and that complete annihilation is imminent, and then we will come out victorious over our enemies.  Part of the reason that SLC will receive a good trumping - is because many there are also worthy of what is coming - for not having toed the line.  The members are not living it, and some have bowed to peer pressure in their pastoral duties and let the wolves in amongst the flock.  When I have repeated what was said early on, that we will have to stick with the Prophet and a majority of the Brethren, it implies defection and a coup attempt.  I am not sure what or who it will be - but it will be the same bunch that have asked Boyd K. Packer to tone down his message and who were lobbying against the Prophet in the ETB days.

So, when I see intellectuals in the Church trying to gloss over stuff that Joseph Smith said, I renounce them soundly.  Those are some of the wolves that I speak of.  These are some of the wolves that Joseph spoke of in one of his last dreams:

Documentary History of the Church 6: 609-610 
Prophet Joseph Smith's last dream on earth the night before he was killed.  On June 27, 1844 

"I was back in Kirtland, Ohio, and thought I would take a walk out by myself, and view my old farm, which I found grown up with weeds and brambles, and altogether bearing evidence of neglect and want of culture. I went into the barn, which I found without floor or doors, with the weather - boarding off, and was altogether in keeping with the farm.
While I viewed the desolation around me, and was contemplating how it might be recovered from the curse upon it, there came rushing into the barn a company of furious men, who commenced to pick a quarrel with me.
The leader of the party ordered me to leave the barn and farm, stating it was none of mine, and that I must give up all hope of ever possessing it.
I told him the farm was given me by the Church, and although I had not had any use of it for some time back, still I had not sold it, and according to righteous principles it belonged to me or the Church.
He then grew furious and began to rail upon me, and threaten me, and said it never did belong to me nor to the Church.
I then told him that I did not think it worth contending about, that I had no desire to live upon it in its present state, and if he thought he had a better right I would not quarrel with him about it but leave; but my assurance that I would not trouble him at present did not seem to satisfy him, as he seemed determined to quarrel with me, and threatened me with destruction of my body.
While he was thus engaged, pouring out his bitter words upon me, a rabble rushed in and nearly filled the barn, drew out their knives, and began to quarrel among themselves for the premises, and for a moment forgot me, at which time I took the opportunity to walk out of the barn about up to my ankles in mud.
When I was a little distance from the barn, I heard them screeching and screaming in a very distressed manner, as it appeared they had engaged in a general fight with their knives. While they were thus engaged, the dream or vision ended."


Here is the biography of the guy who recorded the WH prophecy which has supposedly been debunked.  I would put any intellectual up against the character of this guy - and one who Joseph trusted with his life.  One who was so close in the inner circle, that he was chosen to help remove the body from it's original hiding place:

Life Sketch of Edwin Rushton

1824-1904 Son of Richard Rushton and Lettice Johnson of Leek, Staffordshire, England. Died at Salt Lake City, Salt Lake County, Utah By Phyllis P. Preece My earliest recollection of father is a picture in my mind of him and us children gathered around a lighted lamp at home in the evening. He would read out loud to us regularly. His selections were not particularly appropriate for someone as young as I was then; nevertheless, we were expected to stay quiet and listen. Mother was a plural wife and I was the youngest of her nine children, so father was pretty well along in years when I was born. He had a full beard, and to me seemed quite stern and austere. I used to wonder what he was like as a young man and so in an effort to learn as much as I could about his earlier life in Nauvoo and his English background, I have had to question many people and search through old papers and books belonging to various members of his family. His father (my grandfather) kept a journal during some of the most interesting years of his life, and from this journal I learn that the Rushton family came from the city of Leek, Staffordshire, England. In the city of Leek, there lived a silk manufacturer. This family consisted of Richard Rushton, his wife, Lettice Johnson Rushton, three sons and four daughters. This was a united happy family and much of their leisure time was spent singing together. One day this father said to his youngest son, Edwin (born June 1, 1824, who is the subject of this sketch), “A new religious sect is holding a meeting tonight. I wish you would go and hear what they have to say.” Edwin answered, “Why don’t you go yourself?” Grandfather then said, “Because, son, they are a very unpopular people and it might hurt my business.” “Then why not send one of the older boys,” Edwin continued, and Grandfather came back with the answer, “I want you to go because I can depend on your judgment.” Later during a report of this meeting, father stated, “These men have the truth.” The result was that this family joined the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints in 1840. Father was the last to be baptized, saying he wished to be sure of what he was doing. Less than two years later, Grandfather and Grandmother, father and one of his sisters and her husband set forth on the long journey to America. Other members of the family had already gathered with the Saints in Nauvoo. They went by railroad to Liverpool. The fare to America was 10 pounds ($50.00) each, second class, and charges for all luggage over a hundred weight per passenger. While in Liverpool, father, not yet 18 years of age, married a young Mormon girl, Mary Anne Fowler. She was the only member of her family who belonged to the Church, Thus the Rushton family was increased by one before embarking on the ocean voyage. The young couple made this their honeymoon trip. The group along with the other Saints took passage for New Orleans on the sailing vessel, “Hope of Duxbury.” The ship sailed out of dock, Friday, February 3, 1842. Nothing unusual is recorded in Grandfather’s diary of this voyage. Two children of Saints died and were buried at sea and one babe was born. On March 19, the vessel entered the Florida Stream. On March 30, the steamboat “Star” reached her and took her in tow; also another sailing vessel, “The Moscow”, which was a little ahead. Towing each in turn over the bar and both ships up the Mississippi River. Quoting from the diary on March 31, Grandfather wrote, “We came in sight of a most beautiful country diversified with plantations, farm houses, sugar manufacturers, beautiful cottages, and wooded on each side of the river.” They reached New Orleans April 1 and immediately chartered a steamboat “The Louisa” for St. Louis. So before leaving New Orleans, they were examined by the Custom House officials and obliged to enter all baggage and merchandise. Grandfather entered a quantity of silk twist, and as the boat set out immediately he did not have time to redeem the goods. They arrived in St. Louis April 10, and here exchanged their English sovereigns. They continued on in the same boat, passed the beautiful city of Quincy, arriving at Nauvoo the evening of April 13, after being ferried across the river. Father was naturally very anxious to find the members of his family already established there, and hurried towards the town in search of them. He had gone only a short distance when he met a man riding a beautiful black horse. The man accosted him saying, “Hey, Bub, is that a company of Mormons just landed?” In much surprise father answered, “Yes, sir.” What do you know about old Joe Smith?” the stranger asked. “I know that Joseph Smith is a Prophet of God”, said father. “I suppose you are looking for an old man with a long gray beard. What would you think if I told you I was Joseph Smith,” the man continued. “If you,” said father, “are Joseph Smith, I know you are a Prophet of God.” In a gentle voice the man explained, “I am Joseph Smith. I came to meet these people, dressed as I am in rough clothes and speaking in this manner to see if their faith is strong enough to stand the things they must meet. If not, they should turn back right now.” This was father’s introduction to the Prophet. Father then inquired about his people and was directed by the Prophet how to find them. As he hurried along, a woman came out of a house and called to him. As he approached, she said, “Oh, excuse me, I thought you were my brother-in-law." Father replied, “And I thought you were my sister-in-law.” They both laughed, and father explained whom he was trying to find. The woman sent her little girl Sarah to take him by a path through the woods to the place where his family lived. This same Sarah, years later in Salt Lake City, became father’s wife and my mother. Father was at once initiated into the hardships and trials of life in Nauvoo. His acquaintance with and admiration for the Prophet grew rapidly and there developed an intimate friendship between them. Father spent many hours later in life recounting his conversations with this man, and describing his physique and personality. The Historical Record of the Church mentions that the Rushton family often serenaded the Prophet. In July 1845, while father was resting in the middle of the day, he received a vision, or quoting from father’s record, “I was caught away by the spirit and taken on a frequented footpath across lots to a ravine a few blocks south of Nauvoo Temple. As I stood in contemplation, the earth on the right side of me opened to the depth of about five feet, and I beheld a pot of treasure on top of which was a beautiful Seer Stone, clear as crystal, which I was told belonged to me. At the time of the vision, I did not know anything about a Seer Stone and had never sought a vision. This same vision was repeated to me three times about two weeks apart. With this vision in mind, the following day I proceeded to hunt for the stone, taking three of my relatives with me. After digging for a short time, the stone was thrown out with a shovel of dirt. It is my firm conviction that this Stone is one of the Stones spoken of by John the Revelator (2-17).” (See History of the Seer Stone.) This stone is clear and beautiful. It is about the size of an egg and shaped like a kidney. It is treasured by the family and has been shown to hundreds of people. Sometime after Joseph Smith organized the Nauvoo Legion, father was commissioned a Lieutenant in the immortal regiment. After the martyrdom, father was one of the four who took part in the second burial of the Prophet to preserve the body from the hands of ruthless, designing men. Prior to this, Joseph Smith had prepared a burial vault for the Smith family, and when persecution became alarming he came to father and requested him, in the event the Prophet was killed, to see that the remains of the Smith family were disinterred and put into this vault. This trust father fulfilled. When Joseph Smith was leaving Mansion House on his way to Carthage for the last time, father was standing near the gate when Joseph said to his wife, “Emma, can you train my sons to walk in their father’s footsteps?” She answered, “Oh, Brother Joseph, you are coming back!” Father says that Joseph asked the same question three times and Emma gave the same answer each time. The Prophet then rode away to Carthage and his death. At the time of the great exodus from Nauvoo, Brigham Young, before leaving the city, asked my father if he would see that all the sick and poor got across the river. This, of course, made it necessary for father to be one of the last to leave this ill-fated city. As evidence of this I quote an excerpt from the diary of Thomas Bullock, a pioneer of 1847, clerk to Brigham Young for many years, and a brother-in-law of my father. He, too, was one of the last to leave the doomed city. He (Thomas Bullock) says, “Myself, wife, four children, my sister-in-law, Fanny, and my blind mother-in-law (these were my grandmother and aunts) occupying the same house. We were all ill shaking with the ague, with only my brother-in-law, George Wardle, to do anything for us. My goods were loaded on two wagons waiting to be moved, but I was too ill to drive. About nine o’clock in the morning, the Captain of a band of about thirty mobocrats armed with guns, bayonets and swords ordered me to be brought out. My sister-in-law assisted me to the door. The Captain ordered me, at the point of a sword, to be gone in half an hour or he would kill us all. I sent for George and Edwin (my father) to drive my wagons to the ferry.” During these trying times my Grandfather Richard Rushton had died in Nauvoo and father took his wife and blind mother to St. Louis as he was not in a position to go west with the Saints at the time. As he was leaving Nauvoo, he had a feather bed tied on his back, and his wife, Mary Anne, who was with him, was carrying some personal belongings in an apron. One of the mob following them threatened to shoot. Father, thinking of the feather bed he was carrying, turned his back and said, "Shoot!" Evidently this display of courage cowed the mobster, as they were allowed to proceed unmolested. He established a home in the vicinity of St. Louis, and here his mother passed away and he, amidst vicissitudes, made preparations to follow his leaders westward. We have not much data of his trip across the plains, except that he was in the John Brown Company and was Captain of ten green Englishmen who had never seen oxen or a yoke. It kept father and his young wife busy showing them how to yoke up their oxen. They arrived in Salt Lake City Valley, September 28, 1851. I was able to obtain very little information concerning his early years in Utah. I find that one of the first jobs father had after arriving here was in the sawpit at the Public Works. He and Isaac Hunter sawed by hand with a large crosscut saw, the lumber for public buildings. This saw was around the farm during my childhood days. He was road supervisor and Poll Tax Collector for Salt Lake County for many years. Also, at one time with another man had the contract to drive the mail coach from Salt Lake City to Wanship. In 1857, in the Endowment House, father married Sarah Robinson, my mother, as a plural wife. He, with others, had settled on a tract of land running along the east bank of the Jordan River. President Young requested father to enter title to this tract as none of the others could qualify. Later, the President asked him to return the land to the original owners, which father did. This left him a forty-acre farm, part of which was in a pretty bend of the river. Here he built a rather commodious log house where myself and most of my older brothers and sisters were born. This home was located between what is now 7th and 8th South and West 9th street, about where the 26th Ward Chapel stands. In 1865 father married Maria Allen, affectionately called by all of us “Aunt Maria.” This made his third wife. When the silk industry was being agitated here, President Young asked father to sell mulberry trees up through the northern countries, and at about this time a grove of those trees were planted on the farm. Among these friendly trees and in the willows along the riverbank, my sisters and I spent a happy childhood, and whenever I see a mulberry tree or sweet clover, to this day I am seized with nostalgia. Father built swings and teeters and a sturdy whirligig for the enjoyment of us children. The popularity of this crude playground, one of the first in Salt Lake City I believe, spread and families and Ward groups came to enjoy it. In the river father constructed two great waterwheels. These wheels had some eight wings or paddles and a wooden bucket or trough fastened to each paddle. As the force of the water turned this wheel, these buckets filled as they went down again, emptied the water on the land for irrigation. This also carried water to a cistern to be used for culinary purposes. Years later, splendid artesian wells were found on this land, and what a thrill for all of us when that clear beautiful water poured from the pipe. During the 70’s and early 80’s father was engaged in the contracting business. He equipped himself with machinery for driving piles and constructing bridges, becoming the builder of many of the early day bridges. He used to take large crews of men out on these projects and was considered a generous employer. Many of these men affectionately called him “Boss” ever after. Some of these contracts were the Union Pacific Railroad bridges over the Bear and Snake rivers when the railroad was rerouted. He drove the piles for bridges in Rush Valley for the D. & R. S. Railroad from here to Green River. Father built the Jordan River Bridge west of Lehi, which is still in use. (The pioneer engineer, Mr. Cox, collaborated with father on this bridge, and it was considered at that time quite an engineering feat.) He drove piles for one of the old resorts on the lake, and for six railroad bridges on the San Pete Valley Branch line contracting under Simon Bamberger. During the period the Federal Government (through the United States Marshall and his host of deputies) was persecuting the leaders and members of the Church who were practicing polygamy, father was subjected to considerable humiliation because, having at the time three wives, he was constantly watched and investigated by these lascivious minions of the law. The Federal Government expected and demanded that the brethren who were practicing polygamy renounce and abandon their plural wives and children, or suffer the consequences, the consequences being a term in the state penitentiary. Naturally, father had no intention of forsaking either his wives or children and eventually the deputy marshals obtained the evidence they had been seeking, and he was brought before the court for a hearing. He pleaded guilty and was sentenced to serve four months in the state penitentiary. Many of the brethren received much longer terms but because of father’s age the court shortened his sentence. He served his sentence in the year 1887. I shall never forget as long as I live the day that my sister took me to visit father in prison. Although I was only ten years old, the gruesomeness of all those fine men huddled together under those unsanitary conditions with very little room to move around, is indelibly printed on my mind. During all this time father was an active, energetic Church worker, holding many responsible positions. Especially was he a forceful intelligent expounder, teacher and defender of the Latter-day Saint doctrine. The most potent force in his life was his conviction of the divine mission of the Prophet Joseph Smith. He never tired of extolling the virtues of this great leader. It was said of father that he never left the pulpit without mentioning his acquaintanceship with Joseph Smith, and the fact that Joseph was a Prophet of God. Father bore testimony to us children that he was in the meeting when the mantle of Joseph descended on Brigham Young, and that it was a tense, dramatic experience. It was following the meeting when this momentous event occurred, according to father, that he and his wife called at the home of Emma Smith, entreating her, after such a miraculous testimony of the divine leadership of Brigham Young, to join the Saints in the Western migration. During the big real estate boom, when I was about thirteen, father sold his farm and built mother a new home on his city property in the Sixth Ward, where he lived the remainder of his life. Frequently, during father’s life, he spoke of a Revelation given to the Prophet Joseph Smith, in the presence of him and Theodore Turley at the Prophet’s home, May 6, 1843. This revelation is known as the “White Horse Prophecy”. Some years before father passed away, two prominent Church officials questioned father at great length concerning this prophecy, and recorded the statement he made at that time. Father was well schooled in England, a critical reader of everything available and a splendid correspondent. He was spiritual and generous, independent, honest and frank to the extreme, an enthusiastic citizen and a patron of civic affairs and the drama. He often took us children to the old Salt Lake Theatre. One of the things said at his funeral was that he was a man of decided views and opinions, and had the courage to fight for these convictions. He died December 28, 1904, when eighty years of age. Surviving him were three wives and thirteen children. The following interesting entries appear in Church Chronology by Andrew Jensen regarding the imprisonment of Edwin Rushton. 1887-Friday February 25 The Tithing Office and several residences in the 17th Ward, Salt Lake City were raided by deputy marshals, searching for polygamists. James C. Watson and H. H. Evans, of 6th Ward, and Edwin Rushton of 5th Ward, Salt Lake City, were arrested for u.c. taken before Com. McKay and placed under bonds. 1887-Monday October 3 In the Third District Court (Judge Zane), Edwin Rushton, of the 5th Ward, Salt Lake City, was sentenced to four months imprisonment and $50 fine, and H. H. Evans also. 1888-Thursday January 12 Edwin Rushton was discharged from the penitentiary. Phyllis P. Preece

1 comment:

  1. This is why we don't believe the "White Horse Prophecy", because it is not true.

    The ridiculous story about the "red horse," and "the black horse," and "the white horse," and a lot of trash that has been circulated about and printed and sent around as a great revelation given by the Prophet Joseph Smith, is a matter that was gotten up, I understand, some ten years after the death of the Prophet Joseph Smith, by two of our brethren who put together some broken sentences from the Prophet that they may have-heard him utter from time to time, and formulated this so called revelation out of it, and it was never spoken by the prophet in the manner in which they have out it forth. It is simply false: that is all there is to it. (Joseph F. Smith, Conference Report, October 1918, p.58.)

    ReplyDelete