THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, January 23, 2014

TEACHINGS OF THE PROPHET JOSEPH SMITH - ONLINE SEARCHABLE VERSION

This book really helped me to fall in love with who Joseph is and what depth of character he had.  That book is to Joseph as this blog is to me - a window into the inner workings of the mind of that person.  As I have said before, it is the book that had the single-most effect on my testimony of the one who communed with Jehovah (and on many occasions).

If it has not been read, I recommend reading it.  While my wife struggled with the potential flawed character of the man over the whole polygamy question, I told her that this was the key to understanding him and to laying her concerns about his character to rest.  She comes from a long line of "school of hard knocks" people and so she had to learn it another way that was quite painful for me to watch.  She has an amazing spirit, but it was sent to inhabit a tabernacle of clay that was bred through a line that I find little redemption in.  But, in spite of her flesh, she came to an understanding of things as they are and as they will be, nonetheless.  The damage she took over it was beyond imagination - but she now can say she owns it completely along with the scars, etc it took to get it.  Those pricks are sharp when they are kicked.....  The scales of darkness of the mind can be nearly impenetrable for some and it is painful to watch many of my loved ones for whom things can be so difficult who have a stony heart and ears that do not hear and eyes that do not see.....  If I were to name my number one trial in life, it would be this - and my oft-stated analogy of "attempting to run a marathon in quick-sand" sums it up quite well.  All else pales by comparison.

I had a question from a reader on an earlier post about Xulum or Zulum and a statement by Joseph about it being the city of Zion.  I could not find it in TPJS.  But, finding this free online, searchable resource is a bonus.  Here it is:

http://scriptures.byu.edu/tpjs/STPJS.pdf

No comments:

Post a Comment