THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, August 25, 2011

GOD KNOWS HOW TO GO BIG!!

Maybe an anniversary diamond for that special someone in God's life?

Astronomers discover planet made of diamond (CLICK LINK). This is in addition to the other crystalline orb that I featured in previous post on "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds":


An exotic planet that seems to be made of diamond racing around a tiny star in our galactic backyard in an undated image courtesy of Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne. REUTERS/Handout

An exotic planet that seems to be made of diamond racing around a tiny star in our galactic backyard in an undated image courtesy of Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne.

Credit: Reuters/Handout

By Ben Hirschler

LONDON | Thu Aug 25, 2011 2:26pm EDT

LONDON (Reuters) - Astronomers have spotted an exotic planet that seems to be made of diamond racing around a tiny star in our galactic backyard.

The new planet is far denser than any other known so far and consists largely of carbon. Because it is so dense, scientists calculate the carbon must be crystalline, so a large part of this strange world will effectively be diamond.

"The evolutionary history and amazing density of the planet all suggest it is comprised of carbon -- i.e. a massive diamond orbiting a neutron star every two hours in an orbit so tight it would fit inside our own Sun," said Matthew Bailes of Swinburne University of Technology in Melbourne.

Lying 4,000 light years away, or around an eighth of the way toward the center of the Milky Way from the Earth, the planet is probably the remnant of a once-massive star that has lost its outer layers to the so-called pulsar star it orbits.

Pulsars are tiny, dead neutron stars that are only around 20 kilometers (12.4 miles) in diameter and spin hundreds of times a second, emitting beams of radiation.

In the case of pulsar J1719-1438, the beams regularly sweep the Earth and have been monitored by telescopes in Australia, Britain and Hawaii, allowing astronomers to detect modulations due to the gravitational pull of its unseen companion planet.

The measurements suggest the planet, which orbits its star every two hours and 10 minutes, has slightly more mass than Jupiter but is 20 times as dense, Bailes and colleagues reported in the journal Science on Thursday.

In addition to carbon, the new planet is also likely to contain oxygen, which may be more prevalent at the surface and is probably increasingly rare toward the carbon-rich center.

Its high density suggests the lighter elements of hydrogen and helium, which are the main constituents of gas giants like Jupiter, are not present.

Just what this weird diamond world is actually like close up, however, is a mystery.

"In terms of what it would look like, I don't know I could even speculate," said Ben Stappers of the University of Manchester. "I don't imagine that a picture of a very shiny object is what we're looking at here."

2 comments:

  1. I wasn't sure how to contact you, but just wanted to thank you for the work and research you have done in putting this blog together. I have learned a ton of things about the gospel and the Second Coming from reading the material you have posted. The ELEnin thing is incredibly fascinating and, having just learned about it from your site, I have been researching it and praying about it like crazy the past couple of days. I haven't formed a solid belief about it yet, but I am leaning more towards the idea that yeah, this could be the real deal!

    I realize you are incredibly busy, but I recently created a blog at constitutionalfreedoms.wordpress.com and thought I would share it with you. I realize this is information you are most likely acquainted with, but it centers around President Benson's talk where he mentions the book "None Dare Call it Conspiracy". I just became apprised of the whole NWO conspiracy and thought I would try to get the word out to family and friends so I created the blog.

    Thanks again for all your work and I hope you and many others are wrong about ELEnin, but at the same time - bring on the end of days and let's move on in to Christ's millennial reign!

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brett,

    Thanks for your affirmation. Yes, lately I am putting in 20 hours days and barely keeping my head above water.
    I have had people tell me they think I am a little too excited for the Lord to come - and see the prophesied destruction of the wicked come about; and so I am. I would like to see everyone, including myself take our Maker seriously and do whats right to bring in a smooth transition to Millennial rest and glory. All I have to do is get a quick glance of the news or read the headlines and I know the wheels are coming off..... We are in bad shape. With my new situation in Montana - I have never been happier about my circumstances - technology is making life easier and simply - just more fun to do day to day things. I love my house, I love my family, I love my cars and even a new tractor I just bought today. Taking any piece of that out of the equation would be a downer - but I realize most of it (except for my family, if I can help it) has to go in order to get through the tough stuff and into the extremely good stuff. Most all of us will be stripped of most of that stuff - if you can believe it. We will be busted down to nothing in order to bring us (those of us that survive) back in the way God needs us to be in order to mesh with the folks that will be showing up who have learned to live a terrestrial law, or higher. I suppose there will be so little left when its over that the law of consecration will be in full effect - of necessity, rather than choice in order to bring a greedy, selfish, self-centered people in line with God's will. So it will probably go with God's law of marriage - there will be so few (righteous) men left to perpetuate the species that the perfect law will have to be restored (according to Isaiah 4 - and great are the words of Isaiah... unless you are stubborn, selfish, obstinate, willful man or woman who is doctrinally ignorant to boot; for every word shall be fulfilled every jot and tittle).

    He has to perform a work that will make us dependent on him (by necessity) in order to save as many as he can. A pruning of sorts by an all-wise gardener. Eventually, those that will not endure the chastening will be hewn down and cast into the fire for the last time. Why would we be any different than the early Saints - who were called to endure many challenges in order to make them moldable and useable clay in the Master Potter's hands? And so it will go....

    ReplyDelete