THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, November 20, 2019

THE NAUVOO TEMPLE

Great information about the architectural committee:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tZ7LCAzDuSg

I cheered when I heard the news of the rebuilding of that temple.  It was a way of pushing back on those who pushed the Saints out of what was then the USA and into wild territory.  One of the ultimate forms of bullying on a national scale by the majority on the minority.  Sending a message that we refuse to let that bullying define us was the best thing that came out of that announcement. 

The night our little guy died of SIDS, I ordered the tix for us to fly out to Chicago and have a family vacation to see the open house and go to other sites in the area.  I still remember having the conversation with my wife as to whether I should buy a seat for Dallin or if he would ride on our laps, etc.  It is amazing what 24 hours can do in a life.....

It was a good thing that we bought the tix that night, because I probably would have not had the heart to take our little family on that trip just six weeks after burying our little one.  This kept the continuity going in our lives at a critical time.



1 comment:

  1. So sorry for your loss, brother. I can't imagine going through something like that without the gospel. I hope the Savior has comforted you and your family throughout the succeeding years.

    ReplyDelete