THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, March 22, 2018

THE NATURE OF A JUST MAN

I have always been fascinated with the term "just men made holy".

Looking at it, there appears to be two different pieces to that term.  A just man - who has gotten to this point in their development; who then undergoes another process to become holy.

To simplify what I believe it is, I think it comes down to a man or woman who has been "justified by the law" (justification) and then who becomes holy (through the process of sanctification).

I hope to become justified one day.

Here are some of the characteristics of a justified man or woman:

  • They do NOT fear what man can do to them.  They are not worldly and so those things cannot be leveraged against them.  Things like, "You will lose your job unless you submit to _____ (sin)".  They do not place importance on worldly things like a house or mortgage or on position in or out of the Church.  When no one can get their claws into you to alter your behavior, the adversary loses the greatest leverage that he has over the average mortal.
  • They exercise only RIGHTEOUS JUDGMENT.  This judgment is God's type of judgment (perfect and only utilized under the gift of discernment).   This is NOT Final Judgment.  That is reserved for Father only at the end.  There is no pride or self-interest involved.  Only the glory of God.
  • A justified man or woman is always fair and equitable - even if something is not in their favor.  Usually, they will always take the short end of the deal.  Abraham and Lot and the land division is the best case that I can think of.  The downside to this, is that if a person willfully takes advantage of another person who is just - the penalties can be stark.  I was building the first phase of our home in Kalispell.  It was to be a large home and the foundations were in the four car garage and the entry way that was about 28 feet to the tip of the gable.  During a two week break, I was able to get the first floor framed and the second level floor in.  I did not want it to sit that way all winter and deteriorate, so I got a fellow in that approached me on the last day of my stay there.  I asked him for a quote.  He said he only did by the hour jobs.  I told him the Dallin story - told him that I live a Consecrated existence and that he must be equitable with me.  If he was not in any way, he would pay for any greed in ten-fold.  I left him to it all summer - and I could never get ahold of him for the updates and interrim billing, etc.  I just wanted to know where he was at - so I could project cost, etc.  Finally, at my insistence, he handed me the bill right as the snow was coming on - and it was not even completely dried in.  As you can guess, it was between $5-6,000 over what two other bids had come in at.  I disputed the bill and he became downright vicious and threatening.  He then lawyered up and brought a lien against the house and attempted to legally steal the property out from under me.  I think this was his plan all along - it was likely one of the best view properties in the valley according to the cement truck driver, the spray foam insulator and just about everyone else that came to do work on it.  I told him that I could not pay it - that this money that would be required was slated to pay tithing for the second half of the year.  I would have to choose between him and the Lord.  I told him he was in grave danger of catastrophe.  Well, he had one daughter (he was sterile and his wife wanted a child, so she cheated with his best friend who apparently was not sterile....) who was 11 years old.  He was on a beach vacationing (hopefully not on that money....) and a recent storm had created a "cliff of sand" that she was playing under.  It apparently collapsed on her covering her completely and almost smothering her.  It ended up collapsing a lung and breaking her pelvis and femur in several locations.  They barely were able to save her - digging her out by hand.  The nearest hospital that could take care of those injuries was a $45,000 helicopter ride away (none of that covered under his wife's insurance plan).  Along with the co-pays for the surgeries and the weeks in a body cast, I think the Lord extracted the ten-fold penalty from him.  I usually try and warn people to try and be equitable with anyone who has given themselves to a Consecrated lifestyle.  It simply is not worth it to go down that road - for they are fighting with and stealing from the Lord.  It does have a happy ending, though.  This beautiful little girl was able to make a full recovery and around the end of November of that year, my wife received a surprise inheritance from an aunt that was more than sufficient to cover the losses we took on what was extorted from us.  ALWAYS be fair and equitable.  My best man and former best friend was consumed largely by the love of money, and I have had to leave him to himself.  Sadly, I always say that he would sell his own mother if he thought he could make a buck.  Greed is a deadly thing to the soul.  All we need is sufficient for our needs - and no more.  God will provide when we trust.
  • A justified man knows the will of God - and does that only.  He is not sin-free, but will usually quickly feel remorse and attempt to repent as quickly as possible.  A justified man/woman are usually stripped of pride.  
  • A justified man is being prepared to be a holy man - that usually comes by way of an Abrahamic test.  One that we all must pass thru in order to quality for Celestial glory.
I talk of Bishop John Koyle being a just man.  The stories surrounding him are rife with proof of that.

In the book that I posted earlier in the blog - there is a brief reference in there that he was summoned to SLC for his Second Anointing.  That would be a crowning achievement of a Just man.  Even though he was ex'd a few short years later, he was post-humously re-instated a few years later with full blessings.  He likely had some help with that once he was on the other side.

No comments:

Post a Comment