THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, February 11, 2018

THE ROD OF MOSES, A STONE AND LIVING WATERS

Today in church, a speaker spoke on the Children of Israel and how the rod of Aaron (Moses) was used to strike the rock (or mountain) and the living waters came forth to quench the thirst of the wandering Israelites.  This truly was living waters.

I did an earlier piece on this Rod of Aaron:

http://woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.ca/2013/05/the-rod-of-aaron-and-salt-lake-temple.html

I have to wonder, if the living waters that will flow out from underneath both the temples of the ancient Jerusalem and the New Jerusalem with coincide with some action of this Rod of Aaron that Oliver Cowdery was given, as stated in the original Book of Commandments (read the material in the link).

Oliver Cowdery was prophesied of in 2 Nephi 3.  Here is what it speaks of him:
17 And the Lord hath said: I will raise up a Moses; and I will give power unto him in a rod; and I will give judgment unto him in writing. Yet I will not loose his tongue, that he shall speak much, for I will not make him mighty in speaking. But I will write unto him my law, by the finger of mine own hand; and I will make a spokesmanfor him.
18 And the Lord said unto me also: I will raise up unto the fruit of thy loins; and I will make for him a spokesman. And I, behold, I will give unto him that he shall write the writing of the fruit of thy loins, unto the fruit of thy loins; and the spokesman of thy loins shall declare it.
Oliver Cowdery is analgous to Aaron and Joseph Smith is made analgous to Moses - both of whom performed a mighty miracle in relation to the House of Israel - who were made great in writing (the Penatuech and the Book of Mormon) - but who were both given spokesmen in Aaron and Oliver Cowdery.

Here is another article I did earlier on Oliver Cowdery and the Rod of Aaron:

https://woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.ca/2013/08/the-rod-of-aaron-more-tradition.html

The patterns in scripture and woven into the narrative of God's Chosen People are truly awesome.  In all things, there is a type and shadow, when God performs a mighty work among His children to bring them to salvation.


1 comment:

  1. Joseph didn’t need an “Aaron.” He was mighty in speech by himself. Read that whole chapter and you’ll learn that it doesn’t speak of Joseph Smith but of a future prophet that comes through the lineage of Joseph of Lehi(Manasseh). And he will do a mighty work in converting the Lamanites(Joseph Smith never did that).

    This was actually commonly understood with the early brethren. And in fact the early editions of the BOM mentioned an Indian prophet in that chapter. It was changed in the early 1900s to Joseph Smith. That chapter has yet to be fulfilled.

    ReplyDelete