THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, February 5, 2018

SUPERBOWL WIN - AN OLD PAL FROM HIGH SCHOOL

I have to say, I am pleasantly surprised.

I found out today that the Philadelphia Eagles were in the Superbowl.  I had a "superbowl" of my own to attend to during that time; a middle daughter received her PB.  It was a beautiful event.  I have to say it is a pleasing moment in a father's life when something like this happens to a beautiful young lady.

But, remembering that the Eagles were in it, I wondered if the HS QB, Doug Pederson was still HC for the Eagles.  Sure enough.

Image result for eagles head coach 2018

We were in the same class.  I was his class prez and he was my ASB prez.  He was a three-sport athlete who took the football team to state and won.  I was on the throwing team for track that set state records as a single-sporter.  He nearly had straight A's.  I was valedictorian.

He had the cutest girl in our Senior class.  I dated some cute girls.  We were never directly competitive back when I was a raging type-A personality.  He did his thing.  I did mine.  He was not LDS - but was a good man and a good, solid example of slow and steady wins the race in life.

Now he is making headlines.  That is the pinnacle of a man's life (who was into football) - to win the Superbowl.  What can I say?  Congrats, Doug!!  I had no direct effect on his life - but I am still filled with pleasure knowing that he achieved something so amazing.

He went from Ferndale Golden Eagle to Philadelphia Eagle.  I can only imagine what his HS football coaches are thinking.  Who would have guessed??






No comments:

Post a Comment