THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, November 18, 2017

SEVENTY SHABBATS

This was interesting commentary by a FB pal who loves deep subjects:

History of the Sabbath: Before Jesus, Israel observed 64 common Sabbaths per year (12 lunar months) and recognized other off year Sabbaths sufficient to argue that there are 70 Sabbaths per year. They also observed an entire Sabbath year every 7 years. The upcoming millennium will be the 7th 1,000 year cycle so that entire 1,000 years could also be called a Sabbath.

And btw, the millennium of the 7th sort, started at the end of the New Year celebrations this past October of 2017.  I believe party favors are in order......


On that note, I made a call into a fellow who is a company rep for vertical windmills.  My curiosity was piqued when I saw an ad while waiting on a plane in Chicago, for these windmills that purported to make 36,000 Watts of energy out of a 30 foot tall turbine.  According to conventional thinking, this happens to be a tall order - but, if possible, it would pay itself off after less than 3 or 4 years where I live with the prevailing wind conditions.  Usually, the economics of wind power dictate that it must be subsidized in order to make a business case for it, due to relatively low output, high maintenance, etc

Anyway, we chatted for thirty minutes or so, and I got the information I needed to decide to look further into it, or not.  About thirty minutes after I hung up, I got a call back asking if I were the Wood Zone blog guy.   It turns out, he was an avid reader a few years back - and I had given enough personal information out that he was able make a guess that it was me.  I am not sure if he is reading much any more, now that the Blood Moons and so much else "did not pan out" as expected.  I have seen the same sentiment amongst other FB pals who spent a ton-load of money getting ready with generators and food, etc.  I see them hawking their preps to their former "wide-eyed" dooms-dayers.....  I do not fault them - they may be a little disillusioned, just as the disciples were  in the day of Jesus when they were sure His return was imminent way back then.  The fact is this:  He will come when we are ready; either ripe for destruction, or ready to receive the Bridegroom.  Or both, depending on whether the wheat or the tares is a person's thing....

The fact is that we are all honored with agency - so, exact dates are quite fluid, depending on our performances in this life.  When it says that His arm is extended in mercy against the possibility that a group of people will collectively repent and produce fruit, it means just that.  Some things are quite fixed in time, some are not.  I believe any timeline is more governed by the principles of agency, than by cold, hard and arbitrary dates set in stone.

So, do not give up or throw the towel in - we are still marching past the milestones at a frightening pace.  We either will get to our destination sooner, or we will get there later - but the fact is, we will get there.  Do not be among those whom the Savior was referring to when He asked the question, "Will faith be found on the earth when I come again?".  That is a frightening prospect, actually.  A people so worn by sin around them and possibly by watching and waiting fatigue, that they have actually thrown the towel in.  I know one good fellow who has kind of put life on hold because he was so into preparing, etc.  I am not sure that is the plan.  Even Mr Wood Zone has just bought new vehicles, taken many family vacations recently, and is building a house.  But, I doubt it could be said that he is living deliciously and eating and drinking and being a little too merry.  He is doing everything based on the expectation that life will go on - just possibly differently.

1 comment:

  1. Iv'e enjoyed your information, about Mike Stroud and others. I mostly enjoyed information on Bishop Koyle from years back as well as Joseph in Egypt and the story of his wife's conversion among others. I only came into knowledge of Koyle while reading books on gold as found in the Uintah Mountains that led me to your blog. I was amazed I hadn't heard of him before.

    As a right brained person I never really caught onto the Jewish sabbath thing, and all the numbers. End times is so much more complex and detailed than that, so I wasn't to o concerned, although it could represent the start of things.
    It could be the initiating of the Millennium, I believe Stroud may have mentioned in his podcasts. Point is, you can be the best prepper, but without a community of moral and righteous people there is no real protection from what is coming, the chaos, civil unrest, even the threats will make mens hearts fail them, to began with, then plagues, massive earth changes, foreign invaders. God's help will be absolutely essential.

    These things are to bring man to repentance and our job is to assist in enlightening. Maybe after all these years of ignoring the Elders in the field they may have some incentive to know what is going on and where they might place their hope.

    ReplyDelete