THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, November 16, 2017

PROHIBITION - AN EXERCISE IN MORAL AGENCY

I can tell you that I have never heard a fraction of the shenanigans surrounding the implementation of the rules of Prohibition.  You cannot force a people to be moral - especially when it comes to substances of addiction, etc.

This is part of the reason that the Word of Wisdom was not formally put forth as canonized doctrine until 1878 - after the first generation had passed on.  Also, this is the "rest of the story" that likely explains why Utah voted to end Prohibition along with the rest of the nation (it was considered a key swing state).  Up until reading this article, I have been baffled by that single fact.  Now, I think I start to understand a little more.  If I could, I would eliminate all addicting and harmful substances in our food and in our drink.  I would wipe it out in an instant.  The devil is subtle and uses evil men (and women), to push his agenda to cause the physical and spiritual enslavement of God's children who were smart enough to outmaneuver him in the pre-mortal realms.  he is getting his licks in right now - trying to thwart our happiness and God's plan to that end.  He is quite effective at it.  When it comes to human nature, he has it down - after billions of years of observation and experience.  This is the problem when smart people rebel - they can outsmart or outmaneuver their opponents in a game of chess.  Especially, when their opponents - or I will call them prey - operate in a world devoid of guile, jealousy, greed and self-interest.  One of the very reasons that Utah is still considered the capitol of white collar crime; it is the devil's playground amongst a trusting people.

Here is a fascinating article that is worth the read:

http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/medical_examiner/2010/02/the_chemists_war.html

And no; I do not advocate marijuana usage or any other thing (other than possibly as a medicine under tight controls by the medical community - not as it is now in many places).  I am sure this article was written to push some kind of sympathetic agenda along these lines.....  Everything has an agenda (either good or bad) - including what I write; and including the Book of Mormon (to persuade men to come unto Christ), etc etc....  Everything that I hear, read or write is along these lines; and I always ask myself, "What is the agenda".  Imperfect people tend to manipulation - including "good" people.  It is a telestial tendency.  In a terrestrial or celestial world, people simply ask themselves, "What is the best thing for this person?".  And then they do it.  There is no guile, no manipulation, no ulterior motives, no coercion, no force, no evil.  Just simply a desire to help our fellow man and secure their peace and happiness.  I can hardly wait for it.

I was forced to leave Montana for the above reasons - and will probably never rest until I find a Zion society where these principles are enshrined as a daily way of life.  It is probably pie in the sky until the New Jerusalem is built as a by-product of a degenerate and a fallen society, come full circle (where people are forced by circumstance to make it happen as the world plunges into degenerate chaos).  But - I am patient, and will wait for it with hope and anticipation.

1 comment:

  1. Earlier in the year we had a lesson on the Word of Wisdom as everyone else in the Church. The teacher, probably 70 lbs overweight, said, well at least I have my bread and I groaned inside.
    Sugar and breads from grains, with gluten issues, as well as genetically modified grains are just the tip of the iceberg of problems. So many processed foods that use sugar, or even worse, corn syrup that slams your pancreas, represents a major health problem in Mormon culture as well as the country.

    I hear 70 year old plus people in Church warning people they better get their flu shots as they faithfully and confidently get all the shots they are told by the establishment. Where so much information is controlled by so few individuals
    you can do anything you want to the people as long as there is no immediate negative results.

    The Industrial, Gadianton Media Complex literally controls the minds of the people at large. It represents our collective consciousness. I will hear people parrot comments or sayings they may hear from the media. Attitudes are exuded over the media that almost finds it's way unimpeded by the peoples own reasoning, as long as it meets with their image of the world. An image manufactured by media, academia - as all of it attempts to presents itself as our peer group.

    I see this as all part of the Gadianton movement to tear us down intellectually, morally and physically. Thank You

    ReplyDelete