THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, August 30, 2012

THE VOICE OF THE MASTER

Have you ever wondered what the actual voice of the Savior sounds like?  I have.  I expect that it is firm, yet exudes love - much like that old Stake President I had growing up.

I also have wondered what Joseph Smith's voice sounds like - and even Brigham Young's voice.  I think Arrington may have nailed it.

When I was a 12 or 13 year old boy, I read the triple within a few months time frame.  After reading it all the way through, I was able to make the connection at that young age that it had all been put down on paper by one individual - and that that one individual has a specific writing style.  I had done enough English papers by that point to realize I had a specific writing style that was hard to deviate from - even though I may have been given specific assignments designed to break me out of my writing "rut".  When I finished the Pearl of Great Price, I concluded there were three very distinct writing styles in each of the four works I had read (and the sub-works within those works - such as D&C138 not being from the hand of Joseph, etc) I also noted that the style of Moroni writing was slightly different than the words of Nephi.  As an adult, I recognize that it would take a literary genius greater than Steinbeck or some other great author, to switch styles like that.  While Joseph was very intelligent - he was not that intelligent.

Recently, while looking over various forums, I noticed a certain person had a style and wording that was reminiscent of the words on another forum (my wife actually picked up on it first) and I was able to make a positive ID of that person.  I recognized their words and their manner of speaking.

Why does this matter?  Quite simply because we MUST read the scriptures and internalize not only the doctrines, but the manner of speech and speaking of the greats of religious history.  We MUST develop a sense of discernment so that we understand the voice of the Master when we have opportunity to hear it.  From what I can see, there will be a division and there will be those clamoring for the right to following.  We have to recognize the correct "voice" of the Shepherd when the time comes.  He may come incognito as He did on the road to Emmaus - leaving only the signature calling card of the "burning" within.   During the coming tumult, many will be deceived - possibly even the very elect, if that were possible.  Those who have the Holy Spirit as their guide will beckon the true call - and be able to dismiss the voices that distract from the correct path.  Vanity and pride will reveal those of sin while humility combined with firmness will accompany the voice of the Master.

Times will be interesting.  Will you be ready? 

2 comments:

  1. What an excellent post. You are lucky to have a wife who is as awakened to our perilous situation as you are.

    "While Joseph was very intelligent - he was not that intelligent."

    Ha, ha - this is so obvious. There is no way that that illiterate boy (no offense) wrote any of the Book of Mormon. Heck, not even the greatest literary scholars alive today are capable of matching the depth and plainness of such an incredible and amazing master piece. I've read parts of the Koran and so many other religious books. Except for the Bible, none even compare, ... none even come close! The Book of Mormon is the greatest book that I have ever read, bar none.

    "During the coming tumult, many will be deceived - possibly even the very elect, if that were possible. Those who have the Holy Spirit as their guide will beckon the true call - and be able to dismiss the voices that distract from the correct path. Vanity and pride will reveal those of sin while humility combined with firmness will accompany the voice of the Master."

    Such a true point. My hope is to NOT be deceived; but there so much misinformation everywhere that it is hard to know whom to believe or what to believe. While I don't consider myself part of the "very elect", I somehow desire to be sufficiently in tune with spirit so as to be able to make "righteous" decisions and choices.

    "Times will be interesting. Will you be ready?"

    Wow - this is a question that I don't want to answer. The truth is that I do NOT yet want to know the answer to this question. I pray for more time so that I can prepare sufficiently.

    The days ahead will determine whether we have followed the spirit or not in our preparations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exactly, Anon. Even the most strident anti-'s have mostly given up trying to discredit the Book of Mormon - they have been schooled too many times in their feeble attempts in the past. The focus now seems to be on attacking the character of the Prophet - or some administrative action such as the Kirkland Safety Society, or actions engaged in while restoring all things; including plural marriage.

    I cannot wait til the Lord comes and tamps all that stuff down. After the purge/cleansing, I expect there will be a visit to Utah. I expect it to be incognito, then more powerful (what I was alluding to above). People will need to have the doctrines and the feel of the person internalized in order to choose correctly. I will try and present more material in the future that brings this concept out.

    ReplyDelete