THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, August 12, 2012

AGENCY - AND YOUR OPINION

This life is a great battle - one over ensuring that EVERYONE who qualified for a body is entitled to their chance at moral agency, regardless of their position.  The other focus of this life is to ensure that truth prevails over error and wickedness.  If we seek to diminish someone's moral agency or do not fight for truth - we have failed in our mission and will not make the grade.

We had a great talk today by a Stake High Councilor on member missionary work.  The thing that came out of that talk that struck me the most was a quote by Daniel Patrick Moynihan, a politician and US Ambassador.  He said this: 

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions, but they are not entitled to their own facts.

So, when I get testy about something - where someone appears to be attempting to manipulate the facts into what appears to be their opinion, I leave the "fight for moral agency" mode and I go into "fight for truth" mode and start to shred.  My wife is the same - but being a nurturer (by design) she approaches things from a standpoint of "mercy".  Being the patriarch, defender, male-type, I approach them from the "justice" standpoint.  The reason I call us "Brother Justice and Sister Mercy".....  So, when we put the two together (the two perfect halves, so to speak), we have a beautiful synergy and "whole" perspective that cannot be beat.  That is why I am a big fan of the role of woman - I get the need for that completing and finishing perspective.  And, for the most part, I believe she understands my role and how we fit together beautifully.

No comments:

Post a Comment