THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

A LIGHTNING BOLT - A NEW DIRECTION

So a year ago, I was told to make sure I was getting it right by my wife and was sent to the Temple to pray for guidance.

I went seeking direction as to whether we should get off the west coast - abandon ship, so to speak.  I got my answer to go and to not shut my mouth about my reasons why.  I was already labeled a kook in the ward for having a two years food supply - while not having a 54" plasma tv (ours was a 30" boob tube - glass screen) and no cable.  So telling people it was time to get out (for myself - and for them to pray for themselves) was met with some hostility.  Some people responded and split as well - for their own reasons.

I made several trips over to Kalispell with my wife and others looking for a place.  We settled on a fantastic little place, but it never quite felt right.  Too small, too much work required for proper development.  Never-the-less, we had been to the Alberta Temple for a quick session and to survey the land my Mother had been raised in, and prayed that the Lord to direct our footsteps on the home buying process.  We made a cash offer on the home and came in way too low - the sellers still hung with us into the counteroffer.  Proper signatures had been made on paperwork in Oregon, but the fax machine there would not transmit in the morning.  A new fax machine was found and the next attempt was successfully made, but the signatures were now not in the right location.  A new fax would have to be created - and time was running out before the end of the day when the window for the counter offer was closing.  Finally, a new set of docs was printed, properly signed and 30 mins before the deadline when the counter-offer process would be null for the initial offer.  The fax in Oregon worked - but could not be received in MT.  A storm had blown through the area in Kalispell, MT with lightning striking a transformer next to the receiving fax machine of the seller's agent.  Power was down for some time after close of business.  The offer process collapsed on the initial home we had not felt good about - but had to act because it was the only thing available that fit our criteria.  Several hours later that evening, our RE agent called.  A house that my MIL had her eye on, all arable land with twice the square footage as the other house suddenly had fallen through - no financing for the prospective buyer and it was going back to the bank for back-taxes if it did not get a cash offer within two weeks.  A month before, my good wife had told me she wanted to be in a place by August 7th so that she could prepare and get the kids ready for school.  We would close the end of the day August 6th on this home instead of the usual 2-4 week process which would have been a scheduling nightmare.

Once again, we were snatched away from making a mistake by a God who oversees all things - and who has our back when we are anxiously engaged in doing His bidding (and have his...).  Keep pertinent commandments, REPENT, do God's will,  seek that will for you earnestly in prayer and fasting and a humble spirit, develop a sense of God's destiny and purpose for you and your family.  Execute it.  God will provide - I promise you that.

No comments:

Post a Comment