THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Wednesday, November 26, 2014

UTAH SUICIDE RATE LINKED TO ELEVATION?

Interesting theory.  Not sure if it needs a little more polishing.....

http://mic.com/articles/104096/there-s-a-suicide-epidemic-in-utah-and-one-neuroscientist-thinks-he-knows-why

7 comments:

  1. So the suicide rate in the Andean plateau region of Peru, or the regions of Tibet should be astronomical.
    I've got a better theory. A cultural misconception that living the church, not necessarily the gospel, should make one immune to sorrow, disappointment, or set backs. What people need are reality based testimonies and not check off lists and cultural misconceptions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I completely agree.

      Delete
    2. So is the suicide rate higher among Mormons, Non-Mormons, ex-Mormons, Inactive Mormons, etc? I would like to see the breakdown of the demographics on this to see who is "opting out" so much.

      Delete
    3. Antidepressants possibly a contributing factor. Commonly known as suicide pills in the industry. Utah consumption rates per capita are off the charts.

      Delete
  2. I grew up in one of the highest-elevation towns in Utah. I am not aware of ANY suicides in that valley, in 25 years.
    My guess is that per-capita suicides are higher in the cities. Those tend to be at comparatively lower elevations.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with Art Thomas. Many LDS are caught up with looking like a perfect mormon..... instead of living the gospel

    ReplyDelete
  4. If anything, it's the inversion. I moved here from Denver back in June 2001. During the winter, particularly Jan / Feb of the following year, the inversion was driving me crazy. I think it really affects the already mentally unstable. The weather here is like a bad Twilight Zone movie. Long weeks of haze and stagnant, no-changing bitter cold with not snow in the winter, long weeks of no rain in the sweltering summer. (No, Denver and SLC weather have nothing in common.) Utah Valley weather is a nightmare.

    ReplyDelete