THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, August 15, 2014

UKRAINE DESTROYS PART OF "RELIEF" CONVOY IN EASTERN UKRAINE

Some clerical things on a previous post.  I had read several reports that high-level folks were calling on the Nat Guard to squelch things in MO.  The article I posted stated that the State Police were called in.  Some comments clarify that.  It sounds like cooler heads prevailed.

Just got a call from my oldest daughter who is "too smart" to believe that anything bad can happen.  She is pretty stressed out that she was not able to get up to see us this summer.  Chances are somewhat good that we may never cross paths again - a tough pill to swallow.

I think she knows deep down that things are going to go, just as predicted.  That generates a lot of stress in a young life.  When you have it all - and then it appears as if the promise of a worldly future is evaporating before your very eyes.  Thus the need to have a stare fixed on heavenly things.  Those are the only things that will last.  Eternal family bonds and a solid relationship with the Creator who gave you life.  All else is a meaningless distraction.  Many will not do what it takes to qualify, and so they have made their choice.  If we are striving, yet falling short, I believe that the grace of Jesus Christ is sufficient.  But we have to want it with all the energy of our souls.

So why do I, and so many like me want things to come to a head?  Because we are pretty certain that those that we love that are not in the grip of Satan's grasp, may swing around and come to God with full purpose of heart - in some sort of last-minute frenzied death bed repentance episode.  My wife is pretty arrow straight.  She puts me to shame in so many categories - if we were to be weighed in the balance.  One day in a conversation with her mother, disdain/contempt was displayed for my wife because she is "too good".  I do not know about you, or the average person with the Spirit of the Lord in their lives, but I feel great joy and satisfaction when I see that my kids are on a good path and doing what is right.  Anyone that harbors my MIL's attitude is spiritually dangerous.  We are hopeful for her, but we are making inroads in distancing ourselves from that toxic spirit.

I always say that "death-bed repentance does not work", but I do not know all things.  I suppose time will tell.

Anyway, here is the article that originally got me spun up:

http://news.yahoo.com/ukrainian-border-officials-inspecting-russian-convoy-kiev-085145166.html

1 comment:

  1. My primary reason for wanting things to come to a head is because I know things will be so much better in Zion. I'm also disgusted with people calling good evil and evil good. I'm with Sarah Menet. It doesn't matter if I live in Christ or die in Christ as long as I'm worthy of His atoning grace.

    ReplyDelete