THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, January 3, 2013

EDEN GARDENING AND CHICKENS

I did a previous post on this guy and his Eden Garden concept.  Our little family unit tried a half acre garden but did not have a good source of wood chips (that did not cost more than $6/cubic yard), so we used old moldy hay that we got for the time to load and the cost of fuel to haul it.  It was remarkable last year and we are going for it in a big way this spring.

He never went much into his philosophy on raising chickens.  I like what he has to say on the matter - and will try and incorporate more of these philosophies into our plan.  Right now, our compost pile is separate from the chicken yard - and they do peck at it when they are free-ranging.  I think this just convinced me to change my thinking and move that pile into their pen.  I love good thinkers!

Here is the link:  http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=LWlwxtCA_KA

Hope you enjoy it as much as I did!

2 comments:

  1. Wow this is definitely the way to go. I vote for moving our compost to a corner of the chicken yard, especially in the winter, where they have to rely more on chicken feed, since we eat so much of our garden. I also need to get a bowl of gravel to keep out there. And definitely will start putting the crushed eggshells back out there as well. Very, very nice. Thanks for sharing! Great find.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved this video so much that I bought it this past Spring. I have access to compost and mulch; free from a nearby community. I just have to supply the manpower and a truck to haul it in. We had a lot of heat and drought this summer and using the compost and mulch method for my garden was the best thing I could have done. I watered only a handful of times and still had wonderful production. The plants hardly seemed to notice the heat at all; some grew incredibly well! I have barely the time to put a garden in let alone time to weed one. It was wonderful gardening like this. I don't have chickens, but would someday like to, so I can't talk about that experience. I'm glad you found this video; its one that I love to share, too. Another good one , but costs a bit is "Grow Your Own Groceries" by Marjory Wildcraft. It has tons of info on homesteading and gardening, raising chickens, rabbits for meat, collection of rainwater and grey water and so much more. Just about everything you might need to be self-sufficient. http://growyourowngroceries.com/temphome/ She has some short videos on youtube, too.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pALlZMhPxu4

    ReplyDelete