THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, January 7, 2013

RENDING THE VEIL - THINGS OFFENSIVE TO THE SPIRIT

Another great post from Serenitylala on LDSFF:


Re: Steps of Spiritual Progression

Unread postby serenitylala » Mon May 07, 2012 11:20 am
The boundaries the lord has set is literally the Spirit. Anything that makes the Spirit flee, you should probably flee from as well.
A family came into my office with a severely mentally challenged adult son. He had altered speech patterns and became fittest or upset at what we termed the smallest things.

They were frustrated with this son because he got bothered by the smallest if things including certain music and yelling etc.

The spirit really opened my eyes concerning the boy... Man, i mean since he was an adult. He was a very noble and great spirit that was only sent here to help his family learn compassion. That's a given with the majority of mentally challenged children, but this one still had the veil wide open.

He spoke in metaphorical terms which the spirit opened my understanding with such great power that I couldn't help but translate what he was saying to his parents. (he was having trouble with the English language and tried to communicate the way spirits do in the premortal life)

He told them that the place he came from was much cleaner and safer and purer than the one he now lived in, so much that it terrified him that he would "fall" here from where he had been. He told them that the spirit left even on the smallest things and he could feel it leave and that feeling petrified him.

You can't believe how excited and exuberant he became when he saw me translate and reacted with great joy when I explained to his parents. It was surprising to say the least.

But what we would consider as normal or just everyday was in violation of the boundaries that the Lird gas set. Simple family TV, songs that we consider mild by today's standards, simple arguments, etc. The man was a walking spirituality detector test. He knew everything that sent the Spirit away and much of those things are stuff we have been desensitized from.

That experience with that darling boy left me so full of the Spirit afterwards for several hours... Enough that it took a good while for me to recover in order to deal with the rest of my patients. I know that it was truly a gift from God that I was able to witness it and learn from that challenged child.

Boundaries that the Lord has set are a lot more defined than we think, and are dictated by the presence of the Spirit of the Lord. So our job is to try to become sensitive enough and pure enough to immediately feel when the Spirit has left and to act accordingly.

To wonder or to wander? Wandering in the wilderness, although a good thing for us in the long run, is a situation we have brought upon ourselves because of our unbelief.

Ether 4:15
"behold, when ye shall rend that veil of unbelief which doth cause you to remain in your awful state of wickedness, and hardness of heart, and blindness of mind..."

Let me stop the quote here to make a comment. In terms of the Spirit: to wonder and to wander are pretty much the same thing, when they lead you to question and travel blindly.

We have effectively created our own veil... Children are not born with it. We have the knowledge of good and evil since the fall. Remember that Eve after taking of the fruit immediately knows Satan and what he did prior to her coming upon the earth.

Children are born with the veil open and we their parents in part "educate" them towered the veil because we don't teach them the greater truths before the age of 8, because the majority of us don't know them. And if we do, we don't teach them.

So children begin to wander and to wonder and thus the veil solidifies in place.

And when we rend that veil of unbelief... And that is exactly what it is... Unbelief then...

"then shall the great and marvelous things which have been hid up from the foundation of the world from you-- yea, when ye shall call upon the Father in my name, with a broken heart and a contrite spirit, then shall ye know that the Father hath remembered the covenant He made unto your fathers, O house of Israel."

Which covenant is the covenant of the Holy Priesthood... I went to say more but that will have to suffice.

This is a time of terrible trials and woe, and yet we still wander when their is a light before us beckoning us to come forth? Yes, we wander in the wilderness until we hear the voice of the Lord and respond.

It is by faith that our compass will work. Alma 37: 38-46. And then and only then by rending that veil of unbelief with a faith so sure and sound that our wandering and wondering will end and therein lies our sanctification.

Thank you for asking such deep and profound questions. They brought the Spirit again into my home and heart, and allowed me to learn along with you even greater truths.

Remember a place upon this earth during and after the millennium is well earned through extreme faithfulness and surviving "wilderness travel" by having faith enough to get the compass to work.

3 comments:

  1. This was a good post. Sometimes, I wonder if I can ever get it all figured out, and live up to the Lord's expectations of me. Sometimes, I feel like I fall so very short and terribly imperfect. But, I know that all things come in their season, line upon line, precept on precept, here a little, there a little until that perfect day! It's just hard waiting when you wish you could be so much more now. Can I say that patience is not one of my better virtues, all though I am improving! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Really liked this post because of the concept that was confirmed to me and further expanded upon that we create our own veils of unbelief.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a nephew who was born a twin... the other twin died, however, in living my nephew is handicapped both physically and mentally.

    My brother said that sometimes he will hear him talking to his brother, Jared, in conversation with then the bedroom door is closed.

    He told me that the other day he heard him talking to Christ as he was about to go into the bedroom to get him for dinner... Stopped short and thought he had better not interrupt the conversation.

    Surely, They are close to heaven... I'm going to share this post with my brother.

    ReplyDelete