THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, January 7, 2013

BLUE CLAY AND ANTI-DIARRHEAL

Well, I rarely ever get sick, but this new flu strain is quite the humdinger.  It has done wonders to my digestive system.....

One thing I rely on since I almost died down in Brazil is my little blue Immodium AD pills.  One thing you will need, is plenty of it in the future when sanitation will be compromised and children are getting dehydrated and cannot keep fluids in the body.  I call my Immodium AD my chemical cork - precisely because it kills the cycle that keeps producing toxins in the body and allows the digestive processes to get back on track.

Here is something I thought was interesting - and have to wonder if the Maya knew about its uses in treating digestive ailments.  The warmer the climate, the worse the problems with keeping water clean and microbe-free.  They would have needed something like it in their populations to keep seasonal die-offs to a minimum.  I wonder if they mined it in Georgia - like the video in the previous post seems to suggest.  Fascinating stuff.

Here is a little more info on the stuff - and I may just order 20 lbs of it for the Cardston project.....:

Medical use

Attapulgite is used widely in medicine. Taken by mouth, it physically binds to acids and toxic substances in the stomach and digestive tract. Also, as an anti-diarrheal, it was believed to work by adsorbing the bacteria or germ that may be causing the diarrhea. For this reason, it has been used in several anti-diarrheal medications, including Diar-Aid, Diarrest, Diasorb, Diatabs, Diatrol, Donnagel, Kaopek, K-Pek, Parepectolin, and Rheaban. [7] It has been used for decades to treat diarrhea.
Until 2003, Kaopectate marketed in the US also contained attapulgite. However, at that time, the U.S. Food and Drug Administration retroactively rejected medical studies showing its efficacy, calling them insufficient.[8][9] Kaopectate's U.S. formula was changed to bismuth subsalicylate (pink bismuth). The next year (2004), an additional change in labelling was made; from then on, Kaopectate was no longer recommended for children under 12 years old.[10] Nevertheless, Kaopectate with attapulgite is still available in Canada and elsewhere. Until the early 1990s, Kaopectate used the similar clay product kaolinite with pectin (hence the name).

6 comments:

  1. I have used clay for years as a treatment for many things. I am not acquainted with the clay you have. The clay I have used is a calcium bentonite which when mixed well with 10 parts of water to one part of the clay powder is suitable for internal use for nausea, diarrhea, food poisoning,etc. I am certain that it lessened the damage done to my husband's colon from a bout of salmonella when I finally got him to take some. It would have done him better if he had taken it longer. Even still, he fared very well and did not have any re-occurrences. I gave some powder to a missionary many years ago who had a large plantar wart in the center of his palm around the size of a quarter or so. He told me his family had spent thousands of dollars for treatments for it to obviously no avail. I gave him some clay powder and told him to take a little whenever he could and mix enough of the clay with a small bit of water and apply the mixture to the wart. He came by a couple of weeks later to show me the result- a beautiful clean palm with absolutely no evidence of anything remotely ugly. It was quite the testimonial to me. Clay is really one of those things I don't want to be without. Christ even used a bit of clay mixed with spittle to heal the blind man's eyes. ;^) The clay is one of those things that I have personally relied on for nausea, vomiting and the accompanying diarrhea of food poisoning for fast relief. The cramping, pain, and with the coming out of both ends, the clay drink works wonderfully. And it just tastes like a super mineral water; although it is best to set for 24 hours for a smoother texture. It may be slightly gritty if you must use sooner. I am reminded of a man lost in a cave in France some years back with only the clay in the cave and rotted wood to eat. He survived very well considering, and made it out of the cave after one month, with just some loss of weight. God has placed all this amazing stuff for our use and benefit all around us. We just have to figure it all out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing testimony! Thanks for sharing! My eyes have been opened with the salve you have applied. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Wikipedia mentions smaller deposits of this clay in Mexico, possibly where they collected it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that is correct. There are smaller deposits there, but if you were able to watch the full documentary, they did the spectral analysis and the stuff in the Mexican temples clearly came from the deposits in Georgia. They had a purpose in having a colony there. They were looking for a large and reliable source of the stuff that was so central to their culture. Totally fascinating stuff to me!

      Delete
  3. We have been using the Bentonite clay for several years now and we can provide any number of anecdotes supporting its usefulness.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bentonite Clay is composed of aged volcanic ash. The name comes from the largest known deposit of Bentonite Clay located in Fort Benton, Wyoming.

    In a study from Arizona State University, bentonite clay was found to be highly effective at killing MRSA as well as Salmonella, E.Coli and others. What is promising as research continues in this area is that depending on the method in which the clay kills the infection, it may not be possible for the MRSA or other bacteria to develop a resistance to it as it does with antibiotics.

    It has an alkalizing effect on the body and when taken correctly, which I believe is the key to its effectiveness as most germs thrive in an acidic environment.

    ReplyDelete