THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, September 24, 2011

COHEN WAS A FLAMEOUT??

Well, I got a few roasts in the recent comments from a few readers on Elenin and a few people somehow making derisive associations between me and Cohen's predictions.
I pretty much figured his call would be a no-show (CLICK LINK FROM JULY OF THIS YEAR). Interesting - but most probably a fizzle.

There were a few very positive comments - and I am grateful for those to balance out the other stuff. Number one, I do follow our prophet to the letter - which is why I have a gnarly food storage, several years of fuel laid up, some cash on hand and some nasty weapons to protect it from the people who think they will just sponge off others who have prepared (I know, I know - live by the sword, die by the sword)..... But it sounds so tough....

I don't wring my hands in terror, worry or fear. I simply live my life and go to bed each night without a worry when I have the Spirit for my guide. I also do NOT rely on President Monson or anyone else to tell me when to take my bowel movements. Folks that wait for the Prophet of a worldwide church to make a personal appeal to them on how to do their day to day things are foolish and spiritually lazy. They roll their eyes at me - and I do the same to them; and have quite some toxicity for that ilk that seems to permeate the Church more and more as of late. We have those in the Church who will be purged for their slothfulness and short sightedness..... When the prophets fall silent, the people have need to be worried about their future. I figure they have been mostly silent on the matters I used to hear in the 80's and the sword is just about to fall on the slothful - typically those who rely on CNN and the mass media to tell them how to act, think and feel. Nice murky, dreamy, state you are in. Enjoy what you have coming - and you know who you are because this is cutting you to the core and you are getting angry at these words (read Nephi for a further description of your awful state). The rest who are awake will move along just fine through what is coming. It will be a time where spiritual fitness will prove the difference between your progeny moving along to the next phase, or no branch of your genealogical tree being extended. If you are spiritually dead, your roots will die also and you will be cut off from the righteous ancestral lines - utterly expunged from the family of Adam. Read Zenoch's allegory. There is a physical and a spiritual casting into the fire of the pretenders in God's kingdom.

You decide how you want it to come out. I have made my choices - and a little vanity in me wants my line to continue physically and spiritually; and I do what is in my power to make it so.

To the commenter who wanted to find out about my spiritual witness of moving off the west coast to the mountain West, here is the post (CLICK LINK) - and thanks for your affirmation. As always, I say receive a witness for yourself. I am just a regular dude living a remarkable life..... and throwing it out there for others to get ideas for their own journey.

3 comments:

  1. This "Cohen thing" has reaffirmed my testimony that the Gospel Is True and that we need to follow the Prophet and not men who write a good book. I got caught up in it and was extremely disappointed that something didn't happen. Then I realized that the Lord taught me a valuable lesson. Following Cohen was an innocent endeavor. I didn't have to abdicate from the church to do it - but what about next time. I learned that I need to follow the Prophet more closely and read what he asks us to read (the scriptures) and do as he asks us to do (pray, FHE, temple attendance etc.) I am thankful for your blog and your thoughts on the end times, and I am thankful that you are of the mindset that personal revelation is just that - personal. Thanks for your comments.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I thank you as well!! I really enjoy the comments and your insights. I have been moved to prepare and really do what the Prophets have been telling us to do for years. not only that which has been made mention above with spiritual preparedness but physical, and mental preparedness as well. Food storage, emregency supplies, etc. Thank You. Scotishdog

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I was so glad to find out more about Cohen on here. I had no idea! I did read his book, and if anything, I did get one thing educational out of it. The word "wo" relating to the adversary and how it's used in the scriptures. When reading the Book of Mormon, whenever I see the word "wo", it truly does relate to the tactics of the adversary or our outcome for being deceived by him.

    Other than that, he sounds like the ultimate fruitcake who truly needs our prayers. Thanks for your awesome site/insights/attitude/honesty.

    ReplyDelete