THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, August 21, 2020

JOSEPH'S DREAM OF THE FARM

 It is pretty clear what the interpretation of this dream is.  We are in it right now.  We have "middle managers" who have been compromised within the Church.  At some future time, we may even have the equivalent Judas or two near the top who become ensnared with rainbow ideas, etc. and depart from the middle of the current.  I have several people I trust who say this will happen at some future juncture - and that we should stick with the Prophet and the majority of the Bretheren, as well as the records of the Church.  This is where the body of the Saints will be found.

If such a division DOES occur, then we will need to follow the Spirit - and it will lead us aright.  This is what Joseph told Brigham Young when he returned to give him counsel.  Get the Spirit of the Lord in your life (by striving to keep the commandments, etc), then follow it.  Really simple formula.  Not rocket science.....

Because people have hijacked things like plural marriage (Section 132) and then blamed Brigham Young for trying to sneak that one in, mess with the original statements of Joseph regarding the Hill Cumorah N. America model (I have many acquaintances who simply have been deceived), lack of a consecrated people, and so much else, the general landscape of the Church is not what Joseph had envisioned it.  We are on a trajectory with a sharply lessened slope of that of the RLDS Church, wherein we have apologists and change agents slowly bringing the large ship around to a less desireable course, other than what the Prophet is trying to do.  It is not necessarily from the top, but is often just a reflection of a willful and rebellious group of people who refuse to go for higher things, but instead wish to remain at the base of the mountain, gleefully worshiping the golden calf (the ways of the world) that has tantalized and transfixed us for so long.

Anyway - yes, I suspect Joseph would be appalled at what we collectively have done with what we were handed.  I suspect similarly, that George Washington would be dismayed at the very least for the same reasons regarding the Constitution, etc.  For this, we live well below our means.....

Based on what is below, I have no doubt the Church will be in such a state, that after the destruction in SLC, the new Prophet will simply walk away and start over in the NJ.  As Jesus stated, you cannot put old wine into new bottles.  Unless the One Mighty and Strong can get it done, we have no hope of putting the genie back in the bottle.  Just as with changes to the Constitution that leave it hanging as with a thread, only revolution will bring it back (purge of the undesireable elements from the social fabric; read: destroy the king men).

This recorded dream is from the following link with many others with obvious interpretations:

https://www.ldsliving.com/Joseph-Smith-s-Last-Dreams-Other-Prophetic-Dreams-from-His-Life/s/91424


“My Old Farm in Kirtland”

Joseph Smith Jr.

<June 27, 1844> [Carthage Jail] . . .

Joseph related the following dream which he had last night:

“I was back in Kirtland, Ohio, and thought I would take a walk out by myself, and view my old farm, which I found grown up with weeds and brambles, and altogether bearing evidence of neglect and want of culture. I went into the barn which I found without floor or doors, with the weather boarding off, and was altogether in keeping with the farm. While I viewed the desolation around me, and was contemplating how it might be recovered from the curse upon it, there came rushing into the barn a company of furious men, who commenced to pick a quarrel with me. The leader of the party ordered me to leave the barn and <the> farm, stating it was none of mine, and that I must give up all hope of ever possessing it. I told him the farm was given me by the Church, and although I had not had any use of it for some time back, still I had not sold it, and according to righteous principles it belonged to me or the Church. He then grew furious, and began to rail upon me and threaten me, and said it never did belong to me nor the Church. I then told him that I did not think it worth contending about; that I had no desire to live upon it in its present state, and if he thought he had a better right I would not quarrel with him about it, but leave; but my assurance that I would not trouble him at present did not seem to satisfy him, as he seemed determined to quarrel with me, and threatened me with the destruction of my body. While he was thus engaged, pouring out his bitter words upon me, a rabble rushed in and nearly filled the barn, drew out their knives, and began to quarrel among themselves for the premises; and for a moment forgot me, at which time I took the opportunity to walk out of the barn about up to my ankles in mud. When I was a little distance from the barn I heard them screeching and screaming in a very distressed manner, as it appeared they had engaged in a general fight with their knives. While they were thus engaged the dream or vision ended.”

Source: “History, 1838–1856, volume F-1,” 177–78.

No comments:

Post a Comment