THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, August 26, 2019

SEVENTY SENT DOWN TO MULTIPLY AND REPLENISH THE EARTH?

I was reading this quote by WW Phelps (who at one point had turned on Joseph, but was accepted back into full fellowship by him and eulogized Joseph at his funeral), and this concept of 70 coming down to multiply and replenish the earth.

Was there more than just Adam?

Interesting - and it would seem that this random concept was likely taught by Joseph to the inner circle of the day, which would have included WW Phelps.  This is why I like reading the stuff of the "earlies":

1 comment:

  1. I don't think WW Phelps is saying that 70 people came down with Adam.
    Rather, there were 70 "holy ones" and they were among the highly chosen specifically charged with multiplying and replenishing at various points in earth's history.

    ReplyDelete