THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, March 17, 2019

THE TURNING OF THE TIDE THE FALSE PROPHET AND THE LORD'S ANOINTED

This was massive.

The Twelve just put Christianity on notice in that they showed up on the doorstep of Rome and left a calling card in the form of a Temple built and dedicated and manned under the direction of proper Priesthood authority.  Does not get more cool than that!
I saw first a brief but comprehensive sketch of the present state of the world, or, as you would term it, the Gentile Kingdom. Each country in turn was shown its anarchy, hunger, ambitions, distrusts, and warlike activities, etc., and in my mind was formed from some source the words, "As it is today with the Gentiles."
I saw next international war break out with its center upon the Pacific Ocean, but sweeping and encircling the whole globe. I saw that the opposing forces were roughly divided by so-called Christianity on one side, and by the so-called followers of Mohammed and Buddha upon the other. I saw the great driving power within these so-called Christian Nations was the Great Apostasy in all its political, social, and religious aspects. I saw the world-wide dislocation and devastation of production and slaughter of people occur more swiftly and upon a larger scale than ever before. I saw an antagonism begin to express itself from those so-called Christian nations against your people. I saw those of a similar faith to yours in the Far East begin to look toward Palestine for safety.
I saw the international world war automatically break down, and national revolutions occur in every country and complete the work of chaos and desolation. I saw geological disturbances occur, which helped in this work as if it were intended to do so. I saw the Cardston Temple preserved from all this geological upheaval. I saw the international boundary line disappear as these two governments broke up and dissolved into chaos. I saw race rioting upon this American continent on a vast scale.
I saw hunger and starvation in this world granary of the American continent sweep off vast numbers of the conflicting elements. I saw disease produced by hunger, strife, and chaos complete the end of this present order or epoch…"
As someone who has built temples before, Bret said, “I’ve never seen more opposition to anything in my life than there was to this temple. The Adversary was very much against it. We’ve had people who have worked on 12 or 15 temples, who say they have never seen the Adversary try to thwart the work as he did on this one.”
It was personal, it was health, it was family issues—not just for Bret but for many of the thousands who were working on the temple. “A lot of us had strange health things, family issues that none of us had ever had to deal with before. He tried hard to disrupt our unity and he tried to put up every roadblock.


“I’ve learned that I can handle anything that was thrown at me because everything was thrown at all of us. When you know who is sustaining you, you learn that you can do just about anything.”
He also said their team worked with hundreds and then thousands of Italians, Albanians, Africans and many other nationalities who worked really hard to bring this to pass. Still there were times when he thought the temple would never happen. The blocks in their progress were too severe.
For those times, Bret was given a special gift. One night he had a dream or a vision of his family– his wife and children–standing together at the dedication. When we asked Bret what was his best moment building the temple, it was before the dedication, so he said in all honesty. “It hasn’t happened yet. It will be when I see my wife and children standing together at that dedication. It was the vision that sustained me and I look forward to seeing it come to pass.”

2 comments:

  1. I don't quite understand what the first half of this post has to do with the second half. Who said the things that are highlighted in green (which is very hard to read BTW)? How did the Twelve put Christianity on notice exactly?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with DJC. Also please leave a reference to all the quotes as this one about the temple, I assume it was the Rome temple. Sorry that I can't know your thoughts. :)
    briggsfarmer

    ReplyDelete