I just laugh and mock those who say there is no basis to prophecy and the Bible, etc.
They are pretty delusional in that thought, if they have an objective and rational mind of ANY sort. I especially shake my head at my fellow engineers who are trained to look at facts and data and ignore the emotional side that exists in any argument; let the chips fall where they may.....
So, here is a nice collection of things that puts it all in perspective:
All prophecies the bible says will happen in End Times are happening or almost completed at presentIn OT and NT the bible tells us end times will start slowly and accelerate (like birth pangs) - that's what's happening today with ebola(pestilence), worldwide economic collapse, war, fukushima.
These are some end time events listed in bible that are true today:
Nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom. There will be pestilence and disease and famine in diverse places. Mathew 24 and 1-4 seals of Revelation 6.
We have a global economy, the gov't can track everyone and the mark of the beast is ready.
The image of the beast that can move and speak can be transmitted to everyone's home.Rev. 13:14-15
Political correctness has gone completely overboard - people get fired for smallest infraction,
or utterance. Bible refers to this as many will be offended (Mathew 24:10)
Evil and perversity rules - especially on the internet. (Mathew 24:12)
There is a RISE IN SPIRITUALISM doctrines of the devils.1 Timothy 4:1 ...'Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.'
Jesus said we would see earthquakes in diverse places(Mathew 24:7) . Why would Jesus say this or why should we even care? Because he is letting us know our capabilities in end times.
Here's an updated list replacing the older thread with more bible references:
1a) Israel will not be defeated by her enemies once she is gathered from all the nations of the world - Well, She hasn't. Notice this is well before the Millennial Reign. Isaiah 54:17
Israelis early history was one of being defeated. God tells us in end times - no one will defeat her. The 6 day war was one of amazing miracles for Israel:
Here's a war that hasn't happened yet - but appears close:
There will be a Gog Magog war (Ezekiel 38) that starts with God putting a hook in the enemies jaw, drawing them down to attack Israel - subsequently God supernaturally destroying them, so ALL heathen, and Israel finally recognize God and fulfillment of the promise that NOW All Israelis return from the 4 corners of the earth. Ezekiel 39:25.
1) Israel becomes a nation again, after being conquered and inhabitants dispersed throughout the world. This has never been done by another nation. Ezekiel 36,37:22 and 38; Jeremiah 30 - 31 Isaiah 43 etc. Note: This event signaled start of end times. Since 1948 things have been
steadily marching towards end with prophecies consistently coming true:
2) Globalization and New World Order. We already are a global economic world order, and some even refer to people in the world as citizens of the world. It's obvious we are headed to a new world order. Rev 6 - lst seal, Rev 13 - Dan 7:23 he "and shall devour the whole earth"; Zech 9:10 He will come in peace and his dominion shall be to the ends of the earth.
3) The global government will be able to track all the people in the world. This was impossible until now. How? - Computer databases. Apparently - we are already doing this. Rev 13:17 - True
4) God told Abraham he would be the father of many great nations and descendants too numerous to count. At present the population of world 7 billion and counting - why is this important? Because all inhabitants of the earth will be required to take mark of beast-and it can't be done without computers. (rev 13). Genesis 15 - 17
5) We now have the ability world wide to worship an image of the AC. This was impossible until now - How? With smartphones, webcams, TV, satellie etc. This will be a worldwide requirement.
How will this be enforced - we already have cameras in our TV's, smartphones etc. Rev 13
If you notice all end time prophecies involve entire earth/world not one or 2 nations.
6) Jesus said we will be able to *SEE the AC defile the holy place, while in a field/on rooftop. How is this possible? with smartphones; also the 2 witnesses lying in the streets in Jerusalem, and SEE them ascend into heaven. We will SEE God judging Israel's enemies Ezekiel 39:21. Impossible until now. Math 24, Dan 7 - 12, Rev 11:7
* [link to www.godlikeproductions.com]
7) knowledge will increase - and how. As described above. Amazing development in last 50 years, and has increased Exponentially last 10 years than last 6,000 years. This had to happen to allow AL bible prophecy to be fulfilled. Dan 12 - True
8) Jesus said nation will rise against nation, kingdom against kingdom - whole world is fracturing. It's involved in wars, threats of wars, riots etc - Math 24 - True
9) disasterous pestilence and disease - antibiotics losing effective, ebola, mysterious diseases showing up; new strains bird flu, swine flu etc
10) people will worship the creation and not the creator - God is being mocked, hollywood stars, and sports figures idolized. - True
11) many will be offended - Political correctness is completely out of control. Seems everyone these days is offended, and many people are being fired for just saying a word. Math 24:10 - True
12) evil and iniquity abounds - porn etc biggest business on internet, amongst other things. Mathew 24, Romans 1. Big True
13) people will openly mock God - saying where is your God - he hasn't shown up - never will.
2 Peter:3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts,
4 And saying, Where is the promise of his coming? for since the fathers fell asleep, all things continue as they were from the beginning of the creation.
14) people will hate Jesus and christians Math 24
15) christians will be persecuted. Math 24
16) children will become disobedient to authority and parents. Romans 1
17) food costs soar. Rev 6
18) people will run to and fro - they do. Dan 12 airplanes.
19) Iran will become a great nation - Dan 8:4
20) Jerusalem will be a burden to all - zachariah - 12:3 - True
21) Israel's land will be divided - gaza and more to come - True
22) all nation will turn against Israel - Obama is abandoning Israel today. Luke 21 - True
23) Roman empire is revived and becomes great again - EU - Dan 7:7
24) wild beasts will turn on humans - as we move in on their land. - Rev 6
25) people approve of and encourage evil. Romans 1:18- 32 True
26) good becomes evil and evil good - moral relativism happening today. Some even claim there is no evil. - True
27) the gospel will be preached throughout all nations - it is (internet). mathew 24:14 - True
28) many will be turned to righteousness - see example below. Dan 12
29) christians will warn we are in end times - but many will not believe it Dan 12
30) many false prophets shall arise - they have. Math 24:11
31) Israel will fly into the wilderness on the wings of an eagle - we have airplanes today.
32) goat in Daniel 8:5 will move across the whole earth without touching the ground - drones,
33) there will be electronic money - pretty much there with credit and debit cards.
34) love will grow cold - look at all viral videos on internet of torture, rape etc.
additional prophecies added to list below:
35) Rev 12:10
Satan in end times is allowed for a short period of time to rule the earth. That's why he is referred to as the god of this world. And his rule is becoming very evident.
As mentioned above, another prophecy is being fulfilled right before our very eyes as Israel is slowly but surely transforming from a desolate, wasteland to a beautiful, fruitful and plentiful nation.
The prophecy was that it would remain a wasteland until the return of "His people".
An excerpt:From Rags to Riches - contrasts then and now:
Mark Twain described Palestine in the 19th century as a "blistering, naked, and treeless land" (Innocents Abroad, Vol. II, p. 234). He spoke of the villages as "ugly, cramped, uncomfortable, and filthv" (Ibid., v. 260). He stated, "It was better to swallow a devil than to have to live in such a place" (Ibid., p. 266). He was describing the area around the now beautiful Sea of Galilee, whose surrounding hills are covered with trees and where forests abound. In the day of Israel's restoration, various types of trees will be abundant there once again (Isa. 41:18-20).
36) Another End Time Sign - RISE IN SPIRITUALISM doctrines of the devils.
1 Timothy 4:1 ...'Now the Spirit speaketh expressly, that in the latter times some shall depart from the faith, giving heed to seducing spirits, and doctrines of devils.'
37) 2 Timothy 4:3
In the last days people will turn to unsound doctrine only wanting their ears tickled and not the truth.
38) 2 Timothy 3:1
This know also, that in the last days perilous times shall come.
Another prophecy in the bible is man destroys the world. - we are very far advanced in seeing this one fulfilled.
Isaiah 54 - mentioned above.
No Nation can defeat Israel:
15 Behold, they shall surely gather together, but not by me: whosoever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
16 Behold, I have created the smith that bloweth the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument for his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
17 No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgment thou shalt condemn.
39) Daniel 12:
The wicked will not understand what is going on (paraphrased) - so true
Another prophecy that has been fulfilled today:
40) Isaiah 11:10
In that day there shall be a root of Jesse whom the Gentiles shall seek.
Jesus is from the root of Jesse.
In that day is end times.
It is mostly gentiles who believe in Jesus, and most Jews still believe the messiah has yet to come.
Another bible prophecy that is true and continuing to be true.
41) Mathew 24:35
Jesus said that the world would pass away - but his word never will; his word is 2000 years and still going strong.
He also tells us that the gospel (his word) - will spread to all nations, and then the end.
42) Revelation 18:18 God destroys man who destroys the earth. - nuclear reactors doing a pretty good job of this (especially fukushima)
Egypt would exist in the last days - but only as a "lowly Kingdom" (Ezekiel 29:14-16). Egypt was one of the world's greatest ancient civilizations. Yet today, as prophesied, Egypt remains - but only as a third world nation - which will "never again exalt itself above the nations" (v. 15). And while God's Word foretold of the demise of many other ancient people groups and kingdoms (which have long since vanished), Egypt remains!
43) Worldwide systemic meltdown financially - happening today:
Revelation 18:11 And the merchants of the earth shall weep and mourn over her; for no man buyeth their merchandise any more:
Your gold and silver is cankered; and the rust of them shall be a witness against you, and shall eat your flesh as it were fire. Ye have heaped treasure together for the last days.
44) Romans 1:28
....just as they did not think it worthwhile to retain the knowledge of God, so God gave them over to a depraved mind....they are gossips, slanders, Godhaters, insolent, arrogant and boast