THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, July 24, 2017

THE WORD OF WISDOM - A COMMA CHANGES EVERYTHING

As a kid, I grew up raising my own beef.  I also went through the brutal process of watching what I had raised, put into neat packages of frozen yumminess in the freezer.  Now, I am mostly disconnected from the process of seeing an animal make the greatest sacrifice for me.

This article is spot on.  All of the earlies were VERY clear where the sweet spot is on the use of meat being a sparing thing.  If there is one area where I must make a big change in my life in order to be ready for a Millennial existence, this is it:

http://www.mormoninterpreter.com/questioning-the-comma-in-verse-13-of-the-word-of-wisdom/

I know this will be hard for many, including myself - but it is what it is....

4 comments:

  1. Couldn't see a mention of D&C 49 - eating meat is ordained of God.

    I go back and forth on this but you need B12 vitamins and such... do your full research.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous, you made some valid points but I think it's more appropriate to say more personal research is needed. Your post reads like a personal attack.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, it says in WoW itself meat is used in place of famine. Some of your other articles you post you tell of how much poison is in the American food system, not only carbs that raise insulin that raise people's weight, but pesticides, GMOs, etc. So if I walk into a grocery store, and can only maintain weight loss, healthy numbers, etc. by not eating carbs, that removes 95% of the products in the store. Would a complete empty food and drug look like a famine to you? Some of your other posts show Venezuela's empty shelves and you claim famine. Now, the debate becomes what about admonition to eat wheat, the staff of life. Well, you find me the wheat that is 100% identical to what Joseph Smith could grow in his day, I will show you a happy man eating non-gmo bread (after I rebalance the insulin imbalance caused by years of unprocessed food). Currently, some reports says the short dwarf wheat we grow now is only 84% identical, DNA wise, to what they had in the 1840s. What would happen to a human body if you changed 16% of its DNA? If you think Satan wouldn't mess with our food supply, especially items in the WoW that it says we should eat...you are not giving him enough credit for his evil plans.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous is correct, section 49, specifically verses 18 and 19 does state that the beasts, fowls, and "that which cometh of the earth" are "ordained for the use of man for food and raiment."

    The linked article was an interesting read. Personally, I take the counsel in section 89 to eat meat sparingly.

    My issue with the article is it seems to focus exclusively on verse 13. If we look at other verses, I think we can find the answer.

    Verse 12:
    "Yea, flesh also of beasts and of the fowls of the air, I, the Lord, have ordained for the use of man with thanksgiving; nevertheless they are to be used sparingly;"

    And verse 15 ("these" refers to the beasts, fowls, and wild animals mentioned in verse 14):
    "And these hath God made for the use of man only in times of famine and excess of hunger."

    Seems clear that the eating of meat is "ordained for the use of man," but we should do so as good stewards. The most appropriate times are during famine, winter, cold, hunger, and when other food isn't available.

    While there is no statement that we should not eat meat at other times, I think the key is in verse 12, which states that the use of the flesh of beasts (which includes eating) should be done "with thanksgiving" and "to be used sparingly." Seems clear that we should not eat meat in excess. What "sparingly" means is probably determined by the circumstances.

    My interpretation of this is the following. If there isn't much in the way of other food available, then it's probably just fine to be eating more meat. But, if there are plenty of other foods ("that which cometh of the earth" -- such as vegetables, fruits, grains) available, then we probably should not be eating meat very often, and, the few times we do, we should probably be eating it in much smaller portions.

    In my opinion, we too often find people, even members of the Church, wanting to take things to extremes. In the case of eating meat, some want to completely ban/forbid the eating of meat. Others want to justify eating meat all the time, and/or as the biggest part of a meal. Often, moderation is the more appropriate course of action.

    ReplyDelete