THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, February 24, 2013

MORE PREPAREDNESS STUFF

Just baptized my 8 year old daughter and spent the weekend talking to some new move-ins that are on fire about preparedness.  I LOVE my peeps in Montana.  Few of them are there without a story to share.

Here is something from a blog reader that I thought was worthy of passing along:

Canning jars and lids- everyone will need lids after things fall apart for food storage and various sundry other uses

Electronic and flint lighters- last longer than matches if properly stored, in most cases, easier and safer to use, easily bartered, especially when in a sealed package- so the buyer knows you are selling them a full one.

small silver coins

Nails, in bulk boxes especially if you have the space to store them. I have been asked why on this and my response is most people won't have functioning solar power or other methods to charge their cordless tools. So fewer repairs will be done using screws as most people won't want to turn one screw at a time by hand. Everybody has hammers and will need to make repairs to their living quarters. For those that have prepared for the eventuality and need to charge hand tools they will find that they can trade off their nails at a 1 to 10 ratio for other peoples screws. Meaning you won't have to store as much now and you'll get a greater return on investment.

Same with hand saws, set aside a few and you will be able to trade one saw for four or five blades from the guy that can't charge his DeWalt/ Ryobi/ B&D

Always trade up, but make sure you are helping the other guy get what he needs. He'll come back to you for your services again.
Keep the rechargeable batteries for your family, trade off the non-rechargeables.

Keep a good stock of thread and needles for your wife's sewing machine/ extra knitting needles.

Small electric or hand operated pumps. I have found some that will operate off my drill, and while they are supposed to be only good for water, in an emergency I was able to pump 5 gallons of diesel with no issues, getting me and my truck where I needed to be. Far cheaper than paying the pied piper to come and bail me out. If you have the money and space to store it. I would go with a couple of pumps that already have seals in them, at least one each for diesel, gas, water.

22 wampum, I thought I saw this somewhere in the thread. We all know you can trade bullets for anything you may need. Especially with the threats out there that the FedGov is working to get brake down primers into new ammunition. Keep your old stuff as properly stored it will last for years. I try and date my ammo on the outside of the box with a black sharpie so I can check how old it is. Start shooting the newer stuff that you buy and keep the older stuff for trade.
Along the same lines it is OK to keep rounds of several different calibers on hand, including sizes that you don't own and shoot. After I started reloading I figured it would be wise to start stocking up on brass and components for the sizes I don't own. You would be amazed how many guys go to the range and are still throwing away their brass. I have casings on hand now for several different sizes to hand load. Someone will need them.

Leather working tools- even if you don't want to learn the hobby. When cottage industries start up, someone will be looking for tools to work all of the pelts they have been acquiring through the cold winters.

Book of Mormons To give away for free!- especially for the folks that will now have their eyes opened.

Stacks of old phone books. - Since they are so much easier to store than rolls of toilet paper. (and they take up less room to)

large rubber belts- automotive style v and serpentine belts. These can come in handy in lots of ways, combining with a water wheel and an alternator you have 12-14 v electricity voila!

One of my neighbors is getting into making his own knives. He uses a kiln, copper, brass, and is scrounging aluminum. If you know what your communities strengths are you will be able to accomplish a lot more in bartering as well. If you have a neighbor that you can see is not now preparing think about what they are going to need, set those items aside. There may come a time that you will need their help for security or raising a barn. Thinking ahead of how to help your friends will be just as important as looking out for your family. Their is strength in community.

No comments:

Post a Comment