THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, February 25, 2013

JOHN PONTIUS' VISIONS OF GLORY AND TRIBES LOCATED IN THE NORTH REGIONS

I have to say that there was one thing that tripped me up when I read Visions - and that was where the 10 Tribes are hanging out at this time.  Spencer said it was in a large, cave-like structure near the north pole.  Well, we have a ridiculous notion of elves and a head elf who delivers presents every December 25th from a similar location.  This has never sat right with me - the notion of them hanging out in some base there.  I am WAY MORE comfortable with them hanging out on another sphere or piece of the earth disconnected from this one - as radical as that is.  The one thing I do know, is that what they teach as "fact" is just an illusion - and that we are just babes in arms when it comes to all of the fascinating stuff we do not yet even begin to comprehend.

Here is more that I found about the scattered tribes' whereabouts:

Read the following. I find it rather interesting. The earth may not be completely hollow, but may have a large depression within.

[The North Pole is] “containing thousands of millions of Israelites.”

- W.W. Phelps, “Letter No. 11,” Latter-day Saints’ Messenger & Advocate, October 1835, v. 2, no. 1, p. 194

“I was then really ‘the bosom friend and companion of the Prophet Joseph.’ … Sometimes when at my house I asked him questions relating to the past, present and future; … one of which I will relate: I asked where the nine and a half tribes of Israel were. ‘Well,’ said he, ‘you remember the old caldron or potash kettle you used to boil maple sap in for sugar, don’t you?’ I said yes. ‘Well,’ said he, ‘they are in the north pole in a concave just the shape of that kettle. And John the Revelator is with them, preparing them for their return.;:

- Benjamin Johnson, My Life’s Review, 1947, p. 93

“At the same time he [Joseph] described the shape of the earth at the poles as being a round elongation and drew a diagram of it.”

- Oliver B. Huntington, “The Inhabitants of the Moon,” The Young Women’s Journal, 1892, v. 3, p. 264

“I have heard Joseph say that ‘John was among the Ten Tribes beyond the North Pole.”

- Oliver B. Huntington Journal, under January 13, 1881; see Abanes, One Nation Under Gods, p. 528, footnote 100

“President Young said he heard Joseph Smith say that the Ten Tribes of Israel were on a Portion of Land separated from this Earth.”

- Prophet Wilford Woodruff, Wilford Woodruff’s Journal, September 8, 1867, reprinted in Susan Staker, ed., Waiting for World’s End, The Diaries of Wilford Woodruff, 1993, p. 291

“The evening was spent in conversing upon the subject of the Ten tribes in the North Country…. [A] potion of the North Country Containing the ten tribes may be separated from the Earth. O[rson] Hyde & others believed they would soon return.”

- Prophet Wilford Woodruff, in Susan Staker, ed., Waiting for World’s End, The Diaries of Wilford Woodruff, p. 238

1 comment:

  1. True story: In a room in the temple an Apostle met with us (new missionaries) for a question and answer session. One Elder asked him "Where are the lost tribes?" He answered "They are lost! Next question?"

    end of story!!

    ReplyDelete