THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, June 30, 2012

A HEARTFELT THANKS

  
  In posting this last entry, I noticed that the next one (this one) would be my 500th entry. I have thoroughly enjoyed sharing my inner-most thoughts with whomever has the time and interest in reading them.  For quite some time, I could not share mission experiences with people including my own family because they could not relate to them.
I married a wonderful woman whom I have been able to relate to fully and who has accepted what I have had to say and think - as unorthodox as it may seem, sometimes.  Where she has had doubts, we have had gone through remarkable things together so that our faith and bonding could be whole, as if to weld us together in the perfect union.
The other outlet I have for sharing this stuff is this blog - and it has been fun.  The thing that got me going on the blog was a visit by a former bishop of mine.  We had them over for dinner and I shared some of the things we had gone through in our lives and mentioned some of the stuff that is found here on the blog.  When I got on the topic of the second Civil War that is coming to the United States (not based on my own feelings, but based on what I had been reading about, back in 2008), I was met with incredulity, disbelief and challenged to produce what I had read.  I could not sift back through the hundreds and thousands of pages of stuff that I had covered and was met with some ridicule and scorn when I could not.  I was more than a little miffed as I knew that I had passed through at least 3 or 4 completely separate quotes about the topic and had been witness to a direct spiritual manifestation as my wife and I read Section 87 of the Doctrine and Covenants together one night about 10 years ago.  It became clear to us of what is coming and we began from that time forth to prepare more earnestly.

It was that pivotal after dinner conversation with our former bishop that inspired me to start keeping track of this stuff - a journal of sorts.  In a "not so flattering way", it is also a way of being able to say, "I told you so" when all of this stuff does go down, as I have been absolutely hammered by people (mostly those who previously held positions of power over me) for giving heed to this stuff.  In migrating to Montana, I find many others who feel as I do (including those who are in positions of power over me there, as well) and I find great comfort and satisfaction in that fact.  I find that I am no longer a "stranger in the land" as I felt on the left coast.

So after finishing out 500 entries, some catching more interest than others, and having almost 90,000 individual page views for each of the last two years since I started keeping track, I thank you for listening.  If one person's life is changed for the positive in becoming a better follower of our prophetic counsel to prepare for Christ's second coming, then all the time and effort has been worth it.  If someone's curiosity to seek out the pure, unsullied doctrines of the kingdom of God has been piqued due to what is written here, then I have a deep and abiding satisfaction in having spent time on this.

1 comment: