THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, June 8, 2012

THE HALF HOUR OF SILENCE IN THE HEAVENS

I find alot of good stuff on LDSFF and this is one of those little tid-bits that seems to really seems to make sense.  I feel the Lord will come (in glory) sometime between 2029-2036 - and that the half hour of silence is indeed 21 years in the Lord's reckoning (1000/24 = 42; and half of 42 =21).

I am not entirely sure I have any prophetic utterances that support this, but I feel confident that it is solid.

Here is what I read that got me going:


Re: Understanding the 1/2 hour of silence

Postby Book of Ruth » Fri Jun 08, 2012 11:23 am
Please be a little patient with me as I bring up yet again the 7th seal. Because our cannonized scriptures D&C 77 specifically says that those things of the 1st 1000 years are of the 1st seal up to the 7th. From the Prophet Joseph Smith, is it over simplifiying to say we are in the 7th seal based on the calendar.

I'm just saying, the Prophet put it into the D&C in the most plain terms. I'm thinking there was a reason for that. Why all the specifics about the meridian of time, etc if time itself had no merit?

Is the 1/2 hour of silence when the Lord preaches to the world through earthquakes, famines, pestilence, etc? Is it a "type" of when He opened His ministry at the age of 12 and began to preach Himself? Meaning, that since He preached 21 years, 33 (death) - 12 (beginning of ministry)= 21 years approx. Could this possibly be a coincidence that the 1/2 hour of silence =21 years. I don't think so.

2 comments:

  1. There is no scripture anywhere that says that the half hour of silence mentioned in Revelations equals a period of time upon the earth. To have a 21 year period of silence from the prophets or from the Lord would certainly be important enough to mention explicitly.

    The half hour of silence meant to convey the reverential awe at the importance of the occasion - the end of the earth's mortal history.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the book "Understanding the book of Revelation" the author points out that in many places in the Bible the phrase "being silent" refers to God not passing judgment on the wicked. When there is silence in heaven no judgments are sent upon the earth. God breaks the silence by sending judgments.

    Example: Psalms 50:3 Our God shall come, and shall not keep silence: a fire shall devour before him, and it shall be very tempestuous round about him. see also Isa. 65:6 and Ps. 83:1-2

    This would allow many things to happen in the 21 year period and still let the wicked stew and ripen in their iniquity.

    ReplyDelete