THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Saturday, May 28, 2011

A TYNDALE PROPHECY??

We can thank Tyndale for our modern freedom of religion and from oppression from the Catholic Church. He translated the Bible into english in order to give the common man (a plowboy would fit that bill) access to God's word so that they could refute the hellish practice of buying remission of sin through the purchase of indulgences; among others.

This is from a book by E.G. White that was given to my daughter by a stranger in a parking lot (I pointed out to her that E.G. would probably be referring to Ellen G. - the founder of Seventh Day Adventism) - but the quote is good nonetheless:

It was not long after that a learned Catholic doctor, engaging in controversy with him, exclaimed: "We were better to be without God's laws than the Pope's." Tyndale replied, "I defy the Pope and all his laws;and if God spare my life, ere many years I will cause a boy that driveth the plow to know more of the Scriptures than you do."
Anderson, Annals of the English Bible, p19.


Pretty interesting - without Tyndale's english rendition of the Bible which led to the King James version, Joseph would never have had access to the words of God in order to question it and ask the question - the most humble prayer of a plowboy that changed the world.....

No comments:

Post a Comment