THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, May 13, 2011

FINALLY CLEARING MARY MAGDALENE'S NAME

Mary Magdalene has really gotten a bad rap - first in the early beliefs and writings of the Catholic Church and then perpetuated by many of my teachers as I was growing up. I really could not believe her to be a lady of questionable character to be the case - knowing how highly regarded she was of our Lord. I completely understand repentance and all - but the whole prostitute thing was really a stretch and I think it was a potshot at her by a male-dominated hierarchy attempting to consolidate power and squash the concept of Jesus being married so that they could buy off on the whole contorted unmarried/celibate clergy thing.... because I have a good feeling that Mary was one of the wives of Jesus - and was quite a remarkable woman on order with Eve, Eliza R Snow, etc.... I would much rather go that route than take the lower road and potentially slander the wife of Jesus - that would take some serious back-pedaling....

The following Wikipedia link seems to set the record straight on the matter and I endorse it: CLICK ON LINK HERE

Let me know what your thoughts are - don't be shy; I love feedback and more insights on this kind of thing.

1 comment:

  1. This was a very interesting topic that you never hear about anymore. Or you do but people are hesitant to really dive into the core fabric of it and be upfront in detail.

    ReplyDelete