THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, April 28, 2011

HOW DO YOU KNOW YOU (COLLECTIVELY SPEAKING) ARE STILL THE CHOSEN PEOPLE?

I work closely with a cherished friend who is Jewish, Elkanah Reuben. Because of him and some others I have the privilege of rubbing shoulders with, I enjoy my time when I am forced to be away from my family. We have wonderful conversations where we are able to share our common beliefs and, for the most part, we avoid differences in our beliefs about the Messiach or Messiah. We try to focus on the positive things we share and avoid the negative.

I will get right to the point of the blog topic. Elkan is Jewish and is committed to his beliefs and considers himself among the Chosen People of God. I am LDS (Mormon and committed to my beliefs) and I consider myself among the Chosen People of God. I say (from my perspective), that Elkan's ancestors (the Chosen People of God) lost their way around 400BC (Malachi was the last recorded prophet sent to them) and eventually were so apostate that they killed the Son of Man in 33AD as they could not interpret their scriptures (according to my perspective) to see what was really happening to them. They still retained their Priests, their Temples, even the authority that they always possessed, such that if a legal heir (descendant) of Aaron were to petition, in righteousness (and was baptized), he could become the leader of a congregation by fiat.

And so there is an interesting phenomenon here - we are on a collision course of beliefs and by using the same justification found in scripture, I find myself asking .

No comments:

Post a Comment