THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, April 9, 2019

GENERAL CONFERENCE TALKS

Well, we made it through another one.

The build-up is always great - and the delivery is always there.

My wife had an LOL moment with Elder Oaks.  We named our SID kid, Dallin after him.  We liked the name, but having a guy like Elder Oaks, it gave the name the bump.  My wife likes him particularly because he would always answer her doctrinal questions in his talks.  I liked him because he shared the information about Iohanni Wolfgramm who was my inspiration on healing and the reason I called my HT on the morning we found our Dallin dead in the bed.  If he had been home, I would have had him rush over and help administer to our boy; thankfully he was not, and things played out as they were supposed to, as we began to put the pieces together after the meatwagon pulled away that morning.  My first impulse was to do whatever it took to get our boy back - but that was not in the economy and full perspective of things.  Never give a blessing in haste.  Fasting and prayer are often in order (where time permits), feeling for the will of the Lord.  That is one thing I learned that fateful morning and after evaluation of the events of that day.  Even Iohanni, when he raised his daughter, did not get the confirmation to do so until several hours later.  And she was not raised until the next morning as the sun rose.  When he was called upon to raise another man who had been dead for three days (similar to Jesus' timeline), the man was raised in that very minute and it was not a drawn out experience.

Once you have confirmation from the Spirit, you act according to the dictates of Him - and do not bow to pressure; one way or another.

Anyway - Dallin Oaks was the star of the show again Sunday.   A few weeks ago our family had a doctrinal crisis when we were studying in the NT and we came across a scripture that seemed to indicate that Jesus held the keys to Final Judgment.  I said there must have been some kind of mistake in it (refer to JST, etc) and my wife pulled a few scrips from the BoM that seemed to back it.  I held my ground on my belief (I guess now erroneous) that Jesus is the Advocate (advogado in Portuguese means lawyer) to the Father.  I have always held the belief that we are judged by God and Jesus pleads our cause.  I had everyone vote what they thought the correct view of things was - and it was three to one; not in favor of my wife's view.  The older daughter even went to ask her Seminary teacher - and his vote was not in favor of my wife's view.

Well, we are sitting there Sunday and Dallin just nails that one down....  I about guffawed at that one.  Another Dallin answer to lay our family dispute to rest; and in favor of my wife.  I had my oldest daughter years ago lay me straight on my erroneous political spectrum views and then this.....  I hate being wrong.  Its not bad to be wrong - but far more important to correct oneself once the error is discovered.  I just do not like having errors in foundational and core values, etc.

President Nelson pretty much gave some hints.  We are close, time is running out.  He was kind of making his final plea to those who are dragging their feet.  He was being as direct as I have ever heard anyone else be, other than President Benson.  I think it fits well with what I know about events we are closing in on.  Exciting times to be alive.

I am going to go over each talk again and make sure I did not miss anything.


No comments:

Post a Comment