THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, November 27, 2018

ABORTION AND THE DESTRUCTION OF A CULTURE

I was in LA a few weeks ago for a week of supplier audits as we ramp up our production on a new airplane program.  On my return to Calgary on Friday, I met a woman in the airport.  I could tell she sought me out as I was sleeping and she sat down next to me and then made some noise to wake me up.  We started a conversation and I had prayed to have a connection with someone where I could minister to them.  She was it.  She was down for the week doing commercial shoots inside a studio since Calgary was expensive and a frozen wasteland....

We had several hours until our flight, so I told her the miracle of my Dallin story and the loss of our son, etc. while we ate dinner together.   She could tell that I was religious, though I usually hold my cards close unless the Spirit dictates to bear witness of the Book of Mormon, etc.  At the end of my spiel, I told her that after losing our son to SIDS, we would go to the mall or movies and just ask people if we could just hold their babies.  Our baby hunger was pretty much off the charts.  We had gaping holes ripped into our hearts with the loss of our little guy.  He truly brought love and joy into our lives and home on a scale we had never before experienced.

The Spirit had already told me that this new friend had gone through a tough spell in her earlier years but was in a repentant mode, but that due to STDs and possibly an abortion, she could not have children.  After telling her about Dallin's loss, I said that we could not fathom how someone could harm a baby in any way.  It pricked her heart and she was very direct and said, "I have to be straightforward with you, I had an abortion in my early 20's."  I was not surprised - nor do I judge her - because I think she is learning that the sterilization that she went through from her bout of promiscuity/abortion had led to her pain and drama of not being able to bear children in her late 30's as she has had a change of heart.  God is good and puts events and people into our lives that help us learn what we need to, in order to experience the greatest amount of growth.

If we had been given more time, I would have shared the miracles she could have through power in the Priesthood, but the window was closing.  As usual, after we parted ways to get on the flight, I prayed that God would continue to provide a miracle in her life and that she would one day desire and qualify for the truth to be completely in her life.

If we indulge in the heinous act of abortion, we lose our humanity - but it can be gained back after incredible challenges overcoming the ground lost - and through much repenting and searching after God for forgiveness.

The sin of Sodom was not so much the homosexuality - though they clearly were depraved - but it was that the people had turned away the poor and sought only for their own pleasures.  Thus, why we serve others - to take the selfish focus off our own desires and place our desires above those we love.  In doing so, we eventually learn to love those that can give us nothing in return (the meek and lowly in heart).  We cease to be "users" and instead become "bestowers" and "givers" of good things.

God's will then becomes ours - to bring about the immortality and eternal life of man (in this case, our fellow man, as we become Saviors on Mt Zion, etc).  We then become part of the engine that pulls, instead of creating drag and slowing things down.

When we have this spirit about us, we become as God is and we then can claim part and parcel of that which He has and lives eternal.

When we reach this point, our joy is boundless and we have no desire to do evil, but good continually.  We then become sealed as His.  The opposite scenario exists, as with everything - and we can see this all around us as we watch many fall from grace.

Here is the meme that got me thinking on these things:

Image may contain: one or more people and text

1 comment:

  1. This is a stinging rebuke to the Democrat Party for championing this as well as the Republican Party for doing nothing to halt it. The great Devil in all this is the Media Complex, our collective consciousness that dilute our minds with so many distractions and attacks upon any entity or Politician that would set things in order.

    I was reading from Nibley's "Abraham in Egypt", His assessment of the wickedness at the time of Abraham was the same as at Sodom and Gomorrah where the real wickedness was the emphasis on wealth and status. If we look at how the establishment protects Hillary, Obama and any on the Left and tear down all others who are not a part of their cabal, you can get an idea of Idol Worship in our society today.

    Interesting Nibley note: "The people of Sodom and Gomorrah were not condemned for their ignorance of the God of Abraham but rather their meanness, their immorality, and their greed; they were destroyed because they did not strengthen the hand of the poor and heeded not the needy. For them everything existed for the sole purpose of being turned into cash: they charged visitors for everything and had the most ingenious trick for getting money out of them." Another story he gives of Abrahams servant tried to help a poor man who had been robbed and was being beaten up by a gang in Sodom, he was arrested, taken to court, and fined the price price of bloodletting - a legitimate fee.

    He mentions the Gadianton administrations in the Book of Mormon, where everything was kept legal, where the richer man was always favored: A man would pay a merchant good prices for his goods but refuse to sell him any food, and when he starved to death, he would piously confiscate all of his wares and his wealth.

    Look carefully at how Government taxes us in ways we rarely recognize - through big business taxes that takes those taxes from us. Government adds more and more debt with the concept that they must tax more from the people with a lame promise of more benefits and enriching only the select rich.

    ReplyDelete