THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Tuesday, April 4, 2017

A LITMUS TEST

There are a few ways to see how you are doing.  One of them is to go and listen to the Prophets, Seers and Revelators speak the mind and will of God.  The hearts will either be pricked, or they will be affirming.  If pricked, the outcome will be repentance.  Many or most, who become embroiled in sin, either choose the path of repentance, or choose to kick against the pricks.  There are TWO options - and two options only.

Many are so uncomfortable in their own skin, that they will not face Priesthood leaders (and often resent men, because of that connection alone).  If someone cannot look you in the eye in a deep and sustained manner - do NOT trust them.  It is a dead giveaway of what is going on in their hearts and minds.  I have encountered this OVER and OVER again.  A back-stabber (unless truly pathological), cannot look you in the eye.

The biggest self-diagnostic, is whether you can look yourself deeply in the eyes (in a mirror, of course).  If you have any problem doing that at all - then you have a problem.  As a teen, someone had installed a mirror in my room (my sister's old room).  It was about 2x3 feet.  In one corner, I had this printed out and I would read it daily.  It helped me immensely.  That - and the challenge I received from my Seminary teacher, Sister Catanzaro to look at ourselves in the mirror daily as a check against slipping into sinful thoughts or behaviors:

Image may contain: text

If you are struggling with something, go through this checklist and see where you are at.  I remember going to Sister Catanzaro one day and told her that I was feeling a feeling of overwhelming love and peace in my life (I cannot remember what the circumstances were), but she got all emotional and reminded me of the fruits of the Spirit.  She is one of the women in my life that I will always be grateful for.

2 comments:

  1. Great post.... there are a million ways to become distracted or lost to ourselves but only a few ways to find ourselves.....Thanks for the reality check.... great to use in this Sunday's lesson..... Pres. Groberg was the president of the Idaho Falls Temple when I served there in 06 & 08 . I saw him just last week in the Bountiful Temple . A more humble man I have never met.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the checklist. I want to give it to my kids/grandkids. I'll put it beside their goal list as they grow. 1. Get baptized 2. Attend seminary. 3. Go on mission 4. Get married in the temple.

    ReplyDelete