THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, May 20, 2012

ANNULAR ECLIPSE - A HARBINGER OF DISASTER

For ancient people who had to spend a disproportionate amount of their spare time just in the basic day-to-day activities associated with their survival, they spent an awful lot of time looking up at the sky.  I, for one, do not spend much time looking up - it may well be because there was nothing to look at (other than clouds and rain drops) as I grew up in the saturated Pacific Northwest US.

Now that I am in the Big Sky, I am still so busy that I rarely have time to enjoy that spectacular sight, let alone build an observatory to focus on celestial happenings.  The reason the ancient peoples did, is because eclipses and planetary alignments usually preceded or accompanied disasters due to the increased gravitational pull inducing stresses on the earth's crust, etc.  Here is some Jewish tradition:

According to Jewish Rabbinic tradition, an eclipse should be interpreted according to the following: (Talmud - Mas. Sukkah 29a) (The last pair are reversed in the minds of some.)
  • Solar: a bad omen for idolaters
  • Lunar: a bad omen for Israel
  • Red Moon at Lunar eclipse: a sword is coming for the whole world
  • Black Moon at Lunar eclipse: the arrows of famine are coming to the world
  • Both red and black moon: both sword and famine
  • In the East: specifically for those who live in the East
  • In the West: specifically for those who live in the West
  • In the midst of heaven: for the whole world
  • At sunset: the calamity will tarry in its coming
  • At dawn: the calamity is forthcoming
I neither agree nor disagree with the above interpretations, but I wanted you to see that these are assigned such meaning in the tradition of the religious leaders of Israel.
BTW - this one crosses Utah (Modern Israel - Ephraim/Mannasseh)

With our ridiculous educational system, we do not learn the truths that they knew inherently years ago.  I was about to write this piece with a prediction and wondering what might actually happen in the way of geological disturbances, when I surfed and found this article.  Looks like Mother Nature beat me to the punch!  I expected something on the Pacific Rim (in the path of the eclipse).  This could be strictly coinkydink, but you never know....

Read on:

2012 ITALIAN EARTHQUAKE

No comments:

Post a Comment