THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, March 12, 2012

FOLLOW-ON TO GOD'S WAY OF GARDENING

I did an earlier post (a day or two ago) and I have gardening on the brain. One comment posted was how I am going about it. I indeed found a sawmill that sells the chips by the hundred yard truck full. It is around 7 dollars per cubic yard for the stuff in bulk and alot cheaper than at the local garden store. The other thing we are doing is allowing the chickens to surround our garden inside the area within a double fence (each fence is 5' apart).

This serves 3 purposes:
1) Keeps dogs and predatory animals away from the chickens. No hawk or coyote can get inside. For fool-proof night-time lockdown, they must be put in a coop, of course.
2) The chickens clean all bugs away from the garden. They can be let into the garden area once the plants are mature so that they can take out any bug infestations. They would much rather munch on tasty bugs than peck at a mature plant. Once they get hungry and start molesting my garden, back into the perimeter they go....
3) The double fence (two 5 foot tall fences) completely stops the deer population from getting in and ravaging the plants and tender bark on the younger trees. Deer will jump over a single 5-6 foot tall fence easily, but will never attempt a double fence. If they do, they will be caught inside the perimeter fence and that just means venison for dinner the next night....

Sixteen foot long stock panels (5 feet tall with 4x4 mesh) can be used for the fencing with chicken wire along the bottom to keep the little chicks out of the garden area. The meshed panels support themselves with a simple post every 8 feet and can be used for vining crops such as raspberries and for training apple trees along the panel in the new pruning methodologies (heavy gauge wiring is typically used).

I have enclosed an idea of my garden for your enjoyment (CLICK ON FOR LARGER VIEW):

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to begin my family's preparations for the Big Collapse we also feel is coming. Right now we are looking to purchase a home with plenty of land for animals and crops. Thanks for the gardening tips. It's funny/sad because I just started my own successful business, but every dime is being dedicated to preparations so we can survive what we believe is coming soon. I guess we need to enjoy blogging while we still can lol. Keep up the good work in getting the message out. I believe warning our neighbor after we have been warned is more important than ever.

    Brett

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bro. Wood! How are you doing? I'm very interested in this post! Very good idea on the double fence. I may use this myself. There is a woman just around the corner that manages her own sheep and goats, uses the hair to weave and make rugs, pictures, clothes, etc. We're getting into this as well. I wanted to see your site to view the comments and your posts.

    Sandi Bullock

    ReplyDelete