THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Friday, February 26, 2010

PESSIMIST OR REALIST?

I just got on Facebook and have connected with an old friend - whose father (my old Scoutmaster), was more of a father (time-wise) than my own. My old friend asked me why the change in my tone from when we were teenagers (I have always been a driven overachiever and optimist - and still am). I thought my response was worth sharing - along with an anonymous comment from a reader from a previous blog topic that shows how personal revelation begins to work within us as the light begins to turn on and our path is illuminated:

R_____,

I can definitely see your mom's positive tone coming out there.... Sorry - not to come across as bitter. You might say I have become a little more 'wistful' or more of a cold hard realist. Moroni's admonition to wake up to the awful sense of our situation rings loudly in my mind as of late. We are in serious trouble - and most do not comprehend it. Yes, I do focus on all of the great blessings that I enjoy such as family, financial prosperity, etc. I personally think this is the most exciting time to be alive in the history of the world. But it is akin to being in a rubber raft on class 5 water - there will be a share of scares and spills, etc. along with the fun ride. If you were to ask yourself where we are right now (as a nation, church, world) and ask yourself where we need to be when Christ comes again - law of consecration, law of chastity, unity, etc. the gulf is massive and widening alarmingly..... Then ask yourself what will close that gap - we DO have to get from point A to point B...... If you are introspective and thoughtful, you will be alarmed as well, I think. I project a very difficult ride that has been prophesied for millennia (I am not saying anything new).
If you were to read up on a few of the topics on my blog you would probably have a better sense of where I am coming from. It is a hodge-podge of alot of different stuff - but one of the topics is the impending cleanse of America that will be upon us in the next decade or two:

http://www.blogger.com/posts.g?blogID=5757956529743198857&searchType=ALL&txtKeywords=&label=CLEANSE

I think I even have a topic in there that I dedicated to our old friend Tal of anti-Mormon PBS special fame - you might find interesting (second one down in the series):

http://woodyoubelieveit.blogspot.com/search/label/WICKED%20AND%20ADULTEROUS%20GENERATION

I know, I know - very heavy stuff. I think you will remember that I have always been pretty intense and focused. That intensity and focus has settled on a pragmatic approach to what is undeniably coming our direction. What we hear over the pulpit is couched for general consumption. Personal musings and revelation are left more to the blogosphere and other forums - and Glenn Beck. I mentioned that I would not blog it, but a former bishop (who is tied into Joel Skousen and the Utah preparedness scene) has it from consultants that many of the GAs have full shelters in place for some hard times. Do they share it across the pulpit - no, but they are prepared to a level for coming difficulties that most of us cannot imagine. I think you are still in a bishopric and, as one of the watchmen on the tower, have a great ability to influence others for good. Not in a "sky is falling" sense, but more of a general undercurrent of preparedness and cautioning. You have to remember, the closer you are to it, the worse it is. If you were living as close to Seattle as I am, you would feel things more acutely than you are closer to Zion. Its pretty much the spiritual freak show over here - folks that think that my five children should have ended up in a planned parenthood clinic bio-hazard waste bin and that animals have rights over people, and that a 3 month live-in girlfriend is a LTR..... You can definitely say I am fed up with our moral decline and have decided that the time soon comes that it is in our best interests to find a more "spiritually conducive" environment - wherever that might be.

Better get back to sleep - 5am comes soon. Happy to talk more of this stuff if you have any questions. You are one of the few personal acquaintances I have shared the blog with - so consider yourself privileged..... (wink). It is my dark side, you know :)

And do have a great day.

[IRAQ].


Since most do not read comments, I had to re-post this one. FASCINATING how (she?) arrived at the revelatory point she arrived at. Line upon line.

HERE GOES:

Anonymous said...

I don't normally blog and not on personal spiritual matters but I just feel pushed to send this. A couple years ago I started getting the powerful impressions to move to what would be considered the Rockies. Not in a vision or dream but repeatedly over the period of months as I pondered about moving to this location I was moved by the powerful promptings of the Holy Spirit but not in haste but soon as God would direct. In pondering it over and over with the same promptings I started preparations for this move. When studying I bounce around to different gospel topics and found a reference to Joseph Smith statement about the place and living the United Order for 166 years, but it was not until that I came across your web sight and the words ‘TO YOUR TENTS O ISRAEL" and the words of our Prophet calling out the members to soon stand in Holy Places because of some pending tribulations, that the spirit started to return my mind and soul back to the previous experiences. I don't know what the details are that will take place, how correct the events are you have presented in your books or will these events occur soon or in 10 years but something is building to the time to move quickly.

I also got a strong impression when I ran across this on your web sight…

"Another quote regarding the Civil War itself comes from an interview by Dr. Poulson with David Whitmer, printed in the Deseret News on Friday, August 16, 1878:

Question: When will the temple be built in Independence?

Answer: Right after the great tribulation is over

Question: What do you mean by that?

Answer: A civil war more bloody and cruel than the rebellion. It will be the smashing up of this nation, about which time the second great work has to be done, a work like Joseph did, and the translation of the sealed plates and peace all over."

More over the translation of the sealed plates are now taking place in Salt Lake City by the authorities of the Church. I don't want to add this but the spirit keeps pushing me to state that I think these are the records that John Taylor said to follow across the Colorado river or to be sure not to be behind them. I further felt a strong spirit on the statements about the Sword of Laban with Signs and Tokens which could be the Urim and Thummim . I just pray these things are true and that I will live long enough to have the privilege to read them. More over the last line is when I felt that all of this is connected. I am writing this to you or whom ever it might help because I have been studying end times prophecies and preparing for life's end times tribulations on and off again as the Prophets have directed, as a convert for over thirty years, and have never felt the spirit confirm any end time prophecies until now. It has all been a fun intellectual study until now! I do not feel moved to further put down any details of my promptings but just let others seek out from Our Heavenly Father on what they should do. The only promptings of the spirit I feel I need to share is "when the spirit comes to you in such matters to move quickly to Holy Places and do not cling to all the preparations you have made that must be left behind at your homes, but go quickly and all will be well".

I want to thank you for compiling the experiences of members because as I have heard and read journals of members testimonial experiences I have felt the witness of the Holy Spirit many times which continued to build my testimony. I also just wanted to thank all of the members that have given great sacrifices in their lives to the Restored Gospel and those that have helped me over my many years in the Church. I hope the glorious days are soon at hand for the building of New Jerusalem and will find all is well when we meet in THE TENTS OF ISRAEL.
May 6, 2009 3:07 AM


IRAQ said...

Thank you for sharing!!

What a testimony to me! Those subtle promptings during those quiet times of pondering sometimes seem unusual or out of time - but I have learned through sad experience to pay attention to them.

God bless in your pleadings and the following of those gentle promptings. It truly will be "survival of the spiritaul fittest" when the Lord decides it is time to pull the plug.

2 comments:

  1. Each generation (if you read early newspaper and journal entries) has felt impending doom/gloom by either the judgments of God (via a natural disaster), or an arch enemy (Russia/Islam/etc.)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous....

    Thanks for the input. I agree completely with previously stated declarations of impending doom and gloom.
    Please read my next few blog entries (March 2010) for some thoughtful responses that I think might sway you persuasively in the "time is near - for real" camp....
    We ARE in for a real ride, and soon.....

    ReplyDelete