THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, February 18, 2010

THE CLEANSING OF AMERICA - IS IT ALL JUST A BAD DREAM?

Well, I just awoke from a bad dream about something I have been writing about and pondering over for years - why the 'over the top' stuff written in the Book of Mormon and how does it apply to us in our day. The over riding theme is how a people were continuously cleansed/held at bay by an outside power until they had crossed a line and then they were virtually wiped out; forever. How did they get themselves into that mess, how did they not see the warning signs - what was so intoxicatingly powerful that they would continue that self-destructive trajectory knowing what the end result would be? What diverted their gaze from their Savior and then held it as they were carefully pulled from the true path to one that was irrecoverable; lost in the mists of darkness as it were.

About the dream I just had (it was not necessarily inspired - but informative); I was sitting down to a lecture in a lecture hall at some worldly university and the professor was speaking about astronomy. I was enjoying the lecture when the topic came very close to what happened (astronomically speaking) at the Savior's first coming. I called out, "It will happen again". Before I could get the full phrase out, I was drowned out completely with catcalls and very disapproving glares were directed at me from virtually all in the room - and those that were not glaring at me were too afraid to speak out in favor of what I was saying. The battle of public opinion had been lost and political correctness had won out. The professor then went on to talk about some topic that appeased the telestial masses in the room (it had something to do with a scientific study on how many sexual partners one could have before one was at risk, statistically speaking, for STDs using the latest contraceptives).

Alot of people would not believe that the above scenario could happen, but I can emphatically state that this very kind of scenario plays out at least every other week in a work forum. I do not talk about religious or political topics directly with co-workers, but rather deal in principles so that the wicked that I am forced to deal with, do not full-on rebel. For example, I can no longer say something like "Bill Clinton was a pervert who brought complete and humiliating shame on the office of the President.", but instead have to couch it in terms of "I would never vote for someone who would steal the innocence of someone his own daughter's age." On topic of abortion, I cannot say "Abortion is a moral evil whose effects will collectively be brought down upon the heads of the people of this nation.", I have to say something more along the lines of "People expect to be able to participate in something that is forbidden and then have no consequences of the outfall. We are a 'something for nothing' generation.".
Directness and boldness is more often met with a slap-down than with approval - especially from the younger, hipper, SNL crowd. So, we have lost the battle of political correctness, moral high ground, etc. and we have 20 years, or less, before we are where the Nephites were; having crossed over the line to the point of no return. Where the redemptive grace no longer covers our shortcomings and we are left to fend for ourselves.

What does that mean for members of the Church who do not cower and lurk in the shadows saying and doing nothing? It means that we will endure ever-increasing amounts of persecution until it becomes politically correct to persecute us again. We are headed beyond Prop8 levels of rhetoric to where the early Latter-day Saints were, then beyond to where the ancient Saints found themselves, then beyond to a whole new level. The Saints will have their last purge. There will be a convenient out for those who want to take it - but it will come at a cost; personal salvation. The rest will have to sacrifice all for the truth.

Just as it reaches the most intense point, there will be a physical salvation in the form of I am not sure what (at least enough to put hand to keyboard) but I do know that "mens' hearts will fail them..." because it will not be pretty. The purge will then move from the Lord's house (the inner vessel) to that without - or to those who have brought the intense persecution before the 'winding up scene', as Joseph Smith describes it. Those who were just skimming along with little or no oil in their proverbial lamps will wither in the heat of the furnace of affliction and not abide the day.

Which leads to what has gotten me so excited the last few days. I have written about the purging of (the Church first, then) America due to wickedness and abominations in the same (and if this phrase just made anger well up within you, you just failed the litmus test of which side you are on....), but just got a confirmation in the form of Cleon Skousen. I had known that there was some book he had worked on for the decade before he died that was not released (for what reason I am not sure) until now: "The Cleansing of America". It is for sale pre-release for an April 1st date. If I am reading my wife right, I have a Father's Day gift coming..... :)

Anyway, if you have enjoyed any of the previous posts on what will happen to America, you will be certain to enjoy his book. I have a feeling that he told his sons of what to wait for before publishing it - and the time is right now.

Enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. I enjoy your blog immensley and you are right on the bullseye. Thanks for your insights. I'm an American (Utahn) living in Nova Scotia with my wife and loving it. This is a special place on the planet. If you haven't read "The Adamic Language and Calendar" by Dr.David Cohen.....I think you would really enjoy it. I have found it quite amazing and enlightening regarding the second coming. I think he is right on to. My wifes email rather than mine for some reason is listed.
    Best Regards, Trent Johansen

    ReplyDelete