THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Sunday, July 16, 2023

BROTHER BRIGHAM AND THE UNDERSIDE OF THE BUS

 Great quote!:

Great Sunday message from a descendent of Joseph Smith. 


“I have had several friends reach out and ask me what I think of new information that is coming out against Brigham Young and other past leaders.In short, I just want to say, why is there a struggle of faith? Considering that institutions and organizations are run by humans, we should always acknowledge that there will be errors. But let me point out that there is one person in history who made what I feel is a monumental mistake. He denied Christ three times. But take note, Jesus didn’t throw Peter under the bus and cast him out because of that mistake. Peter repented, overcame his struggle, and the 12 came back together, and completed their missions here on earth. They overcame their mistakes and kept moving forward. They didn’t jump ship and try and find another one. Put simply, humans make mistakes, they are not perfect, but the gospel is. So stay on that gospel ship. Don’t jump ship because you have found a stain on it. One day Jesus will get on that ship, he will clean up the stain and all will be well.”

3 comments:

  1. I have heard it said that working at the Church office building will challenge some peoples faith. Spirituality may or may not be all there because it is a megalith with rules and structure that has little time for most peoples fantasies. I got through reading the "The Great Apostacy" by James E Talmage. I was impressed how religious fanaticism grew after the Apostles were gone demanding more exhibitions of their faith.
    One example is the martyrs considered it a great badge of faith to be killed in whatever way the Romans determined. Some would even antagonize the Romans to precipitate the penalty. Later on you have the self flagellation for personal sins and other twisted reasonings.

    I was listening to a member in our ward talk about the idea that she imagined if she should avoid sin, that would be less suffering the Savior would have to experience. I felt tempted to nip that in the bud, but felt it would be too embarrassing to the younger member. The Savior could not feel any more or less because of your sinning. The law required a certain amount of payment to accomplish the ends of the law that would permit us, who ever us are to return to our Fathers kingdom and everything else.
    Just an example how mankind can twist doctrine, even within our own church there are more twisted reasonings that members are laboring under, even that may have come from Leadership.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always bristle a little when people say Peter denied Christ. He DID NOT deny Christ. He denied knowing Him. There is a difference. I just thought I'd put that out there.

    ReplyDelete
  3. And Peter was told "thou shalt."

    How many believe that was a prediction/prophecy?

    How many believe that Jesus was commanding Peter?

    How many go back and forth on that and cannot decide?

    ReplyDelete