THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Monday, July 30, 2012

CONFIRMATION OF HOW CLOSE WE ARE TO HAVING TO FLEE TO PLACES OF SAFETY

I have a few people that I trust implicitly.  Why do I?  Because they have had IDENTICAL types of experiences to mine - which indicate that they are attempting (and succeeding) at holding to the iron rod and are genuine people (because of a genuine comment below, I caveat the previous statement:  they have a gift and that gift is added upon because they are attempting at keeping the commandments.  Gifts do not follow the "pretenders" in the kingdom (disingenuous) or those who do not believe.  Just because someone does not experience the gifts of prophecy or of visions or of dreams does not make them less of a Saint.  For example, Serenitylala has experienced direct contact with people from the other side of  the veil which I think would be ultra-cool.  So for those who do not experience these things, their gifts are just in other areas - which only they know; for the edification of the body of the Saints, as ALL members of the body have need of each other).  Because of their diligence, they are given some some neat signs as a way to bolster their faith and as a "carrot" to entice them to keep moving forward.  Some of them are dreamers and visionaries and hang out on forums (desperately) seeking to find others with whom they can relate.  The numbers of them in the Church are small - probably 1-5% of the total population.  There is one who posted on LDS Freedom Forum under the handle of SerenityLaLa who is a length ahead of me and extremely intelligent.  She is the doctor that I featured in the previous post.  I have never met her - but she walks by faith and is guided by the Spirit and had this to say (I bolded the text and colored it purple so you can quickly find it below) about the crud hitting the oscillator:

Re: How does the Lord communicate to you?

Unread postby serenitylala » Tue Jan 10, 2012 1:01 am
Wow, I really love this thread. It is amazing where you feel the spirit from... didn't expect it from a forum thread.

You know, I love the varied ways that the Lord communicates with us...

For me it depends on which stage I am in life, or what the Lord needs of me.

I ave had days where I was such a big butt head that I would never have thought the Lord would press upon me with the Spirit. But a friend would call in need and the Spirit of the Lord would fill me with peace and tell me exactly what to say to them.. even tell me things that were going on with them that they didn't tell me, which when I inquired about would shock and relieve them.

The feeling was like peaceful pure intelligence. I just knew it was from the Lord because it was definitely information that I would never have achieved on my own.

Other times, it is through dreams. I love dreams, because you really can't generate them yourself. You can affect them by watching a movie or reading a book at night, but when the Lord touches your dreams, it is unmistakable.

When my brother had barely married his wife, she had two children from a previous marriage. At the time, I had this dream, she was only pregnant with Elizabeth. In the dream, I was shown a place of safety where my family would have to go to before the millenium, and in the dream I saw my brother with a lot of kids and I had a SUV that I had never seen before.

My brother now has 8 children. And while I was away at medical school, he purchased for me the exact SUV from my dream, without me telling him anything or me even seeing the vehicle he was planning on purchasing. It sure was a heart stopper to see him drive up and give me the keys of the exact SUV from my dream. This also happened with the house he purchased for me while I was away on another medical rotation.


The feeling of being struck to the marrow of your bones, as though it vibrates from inside in response to the presence of a messenger.

Other witnesses. Once I had a dream about a career direction that the Lord desired me to take. I didn't mention the dream, but two friends and my mother told me the very next day that they had a feeling concerning my career path which was exactly the same as the dream indicated. They were my second witnesses.

Doves. Gosh, I love doves. Prayed about an important event in my life. Had a deeply powerful impression that nearly shook me to turn to a particular scripture. A dove was mentioned in it. Then felt strongly to open my front door. Three doves were sitting on my door step, looking at me. They didn't even fly away for a good few moments, while I gaped at them awestruck and filled with the burning peaceful feeling that the Lord wanted me to know that He provided me a sure witness.

Just matter-of-fact information. This happens a lot when the Lord desires that I help someone or call someone that is in need and they are in need just as the Spirit said.

The Lord especially uses this way when I am in the hospital. Diagnoses, treatments, and counseling have been based on this blessing of the Spirit. The Lord will just tell me what is wrong with the patient as though placing a text book in front of me, before any tests are performed.

One case was when I was still in medical school where the Spirit pressed upon me in the most plain and matter-of-fact manner that the patient had a tension penumothorax. Once the patient was placed in the CT scanner, I told my attending that she had a TP and he yelled at me for a good two minutes, saying that the experienced Radiologist had ruled out TP on the xray. Then as he said that we both looked up and on the CT image a TP started to form. We rushed a chest tube and the patient was immediately stabilized.

Warning feelings. I've had those and they have saved me many times.

I think I will stop here. I could go on forever, but it's late and I have my brother's kids to help watch tomorrow.

3 comments:

  1. We're a group of volunteers and starting a new scheme in our community. Your web site offered us with valuable info to work on. You've done an impressive job and our entire community will be
    thankful to you.
    Here is my site ; Rocky Mountain Retreat Heavy Duty Wooden Swing Set

    ReplyDelete
  2. I enjoy reading your blog and all the links you find. Today I felt sad about what you posted, because it seems like you are saying that only people with these kinds of experiences are attempting and succeeding to hold to the rod. But I work SO HARD to hold to that rod and I thirst after the experiences you and others are allowed to have. So please keep the experiences coming but know there are others who pray and yearn and keep the commandments and try to go above and beyond and pray some more, for your same gifts, but have not yet been allowed to experience them, other than through you and others like you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Lucia,

    I understand where you're coming from and I also yearn to have experiences like what was in the post. But I've come to understand that seeing visions and having dreams isn't the only way to be a "seer". When it all boils down to it, the Book of Mormon is a handbook to seership. As we pray and ask God to bless us with the Spirit of Revelation and Prophecy while we study that book, He'll shed light on our understandings so we can see what He wants us to. It doesn't only have to be in a dream or vision. For example, when we read 3 Nephi 6-8 (3 grand events just prior to the Lord coming to the Nephites), the Spirit helps us "see" that what happens then is a type and shadow of what will happen in our day before the Lord comes again.

    There are 3 "breakups", and they happen sequentially.

    #1: The breakup of the church. Not that the church disintegrated and fell apart, it was a cleansing insomuch that only those who were "firm, steadfast and immovable" remained after their trials. Don't let your testimony waiver when you see this happen in our day.

    #2: The breakup of the government and economy. It wont just be America, it will be world-wide because all economies are tied so tightly together. This is on the brink, so it makes you wonder what will happen before that causes Breakup #1.

    #3: The breakup of the land. Earthquakes, tornadoes, fires, tidal waves, etc etc etc.

    In General Conference, President Benson taught:

    "The record of the Nephite history just prior to the Savior’s visit
    reveals many parallels to our own day as we anticipate the Savior’s
    second coming." (Ensign, May 1987, p.4).

    With this in mind, ask Heavenly Father to help you "see" as you study the events in 3 Nephi just prior to the Savior's coming. As you do, you'll begin to "see" for yourself.

    Speaking of seeing for yourself, Nephi is a wonderful example of someone who wanted to see for himself and actually did. He wasn't satisfied with hearing about his dad's dream of the Tree of Life. He wanted to "see", "hear" and "know" for himself. He then goes on to explain that "the way" to do this is by the power of the Spirit which was prepared from the foundation of the world. The "way" is repentance, coming unto God and diligently seeking it (what you want) out. This account is found in 1 Nephi 10:17-19. So did Nephi "see", "hear" and "know" Lehi's dream for himself? Yes, and he got much more than what he anticipated.

    While some people have the gift of marvelous dreams and visions, God can touch everyone's "eyes of understanding" so they "see" and understand the more mysterious meanings of the scriptures by the power of the Spirit (Joseph Smith History 1:73-74).

    Don't give up hope... ask God to help you "see" by the power of the Spirit while you study the scriptures. You'll be blessed :)

    ReplyDelete