THIS BLOG ATTEMPTS TO SHOW HOW SCIENCE IS CATCHING UP WITH REVEALED RELIGION

THIS BLOG IS AN ATTEMPT TO PUT ALL THE COOL STUFF THAT I BUMP INTO ABOUT THE SECOND COMING OF CHRIST AND EVENTS THAT LEAD UP TO IT INTO ONE LOCATION.
THE CONTENTS WILL BE FROM AN LDS PERSPECTIVE. IF YOU DISAGREE WITH ANYTHING IN HERE, I DO NOT PARTICULARLY CARE TO ARGUE, UNLESS YOU CAN ADD TO THIS BODY OF WORK. I HAVE AN OPEN MIND, THAT IS WHY I READ STUFF FROM ALL DIFFERENT PERSPECTIVES AND SEEK LEARNING FROM THE BEST BOOKS. I JUST AM NOT HERE TO ARGUE ABOUT IT - BUT TO PUT IT OUT THERE WHERE OTHERS CAN PERUSE/PURSUE IT. I TAKE PARTICULAR INTEREST IN HONEST SEEKERS OF TRUTH AND BELIEVE THAT SCIENCE IS REVEALED RELIGION'S BEST ALLY. YOU WILL SEE ALOT OF TOPICS IN THIS BLOG THAT SHOW SCIENCE BACKING - AND SLOWLY CATCHING UP WITH - REVEALED RELIGION.
ENJOY!!

Thursday, January 12, 2012

OH, WOW! WE ARE BECOMING ACCEPTED OF THE WORLD!

You know, the one thing I have never wanted to hear is that the world loves us - especially when it is for the following reasons listed in the results of a recent Pew poll:


For all that, the survey reflected an overall sense of optimism, with 63% of Mormons saying the American public is becoming more accepting of their church, and 56% saying they believe the country is ready for a Mormon president.

The survey was the most extensive ever conducted of American Mormons, according to Allison Pond, deputy editor of the editorial page at the church-owned Deseret News in Salt Lake City and an advisor to Pew on the poll. She said the results largely confirmed what was already known about Mormon beliefs.

Pond said she found it particularly gratifying to see that 86% of respondents said they found polygamy to be morally offensive.

“I’m hopeful that that statistic will start to get some play,” she said. “I think that can tone down a lot of the conversation” about polygamy.

Multiple marriage was condoned in the early days of the Latter-day Saints, but has been prohibited by church doctrine since the late 19th century. Despite that, it still is widely associated in the public mind with the Mormon Church.

Pew surveyed 1,019 self-identified Mormons between Oct. 25 and Nov. 16. The survey had a margin of error of plus or minus 4.5 percentage points.


Polygamy is morally offensive to 86% of the survey respondents??

Not like I am running off to Texas to join one of the polygamous sects (I can't even keep my dear wife's honey-do list down to one page), but hello, folks - you, like Mitt Romney and so many others are repulsed by a doctrine that Abraham, Jesus, Joseph, Brigham and so many other venerables found perfectly fine and even commanded it. I think, if you were standing in front of any of those venerable people, you might be feeling less than happy about your stance..... But that's okay folks, you are in the world - and when you are in the world, you darned well better do what the world wants, now. Wouldn't want to offend any of our neighbors.....

And I am surprised how that so many of my fellow adherents want to vote for a guy whose values change with the wind direction...... We are headed for a crash landing people.... WAKE UP!!

3 comments:

  1. Amen. I completely agree. While I would be upset if my husband walked in the door from work and announced he was going to take on another wife, I would be willing to embrace the doctrine should the prophet command it again. I think that members of the church at large need to remember that it IS a sacred doctrine and recognize that there is beauty to it, when given by the Savior for His purposes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I, myself, am not sure exactly what to make of Mitt Romney. I have met him in person and been to several of his rallies. I have to admit that I really like the guy and, to me, he seems to be the real deal - but I am cautiously optimistic when it comes to any politician these days.

    I thought this article was at least worth linking to because it addresses each of his alleged flip flops.

    http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/fact-checker/post/mitt-romney-flip-flopper-or-not/2011/11/30/gIQAH6ubEO_blog.html

    To me it seems like mainstream media has, for the most part, been against Mitt from the beginning. Also, the fact that Newt is doing as well as he is, being a member of the CFR and all (along with Jon Huntsman) is an indicator to me that Mitt may not necessarily be the "establishment's" man.

    Something else that is significant to me is an experience I had with one of Jon Huntsman's interns a couple years back - before he had announced any intention of running for president. She mentioned to me that Jon Huntsman did not think very highly of Mitt, especially because he mixed politics and religion. Specifically, she stated that Romney had called the governor and stated that, as members of the LDS church, they needed to be examples due to the fact that each of them were under public scrutiny.

    Make of it what you will, but I am holding on to the hope that Mitt is genuine and that there actually exist some honest, God fearing individuals in politics who want to make the world a better place. Brett

    ReplyDelete
  3. I find 86% of Mormon respondents who think polygamy is morally offensive, to be offensive and yet, we don't know how the polygamy question was phrased. I have polygamy on both sides of my family line prior to the 20th century. On my moms side of the family her grandfather had three wives, and I am only aware of the best of feelings among and derivative between families from the different wives. At that time wives were not made to dress in weird extreme clothing nor to act or behave as though they were any different than any people anywhere else. If polygamy as the church had practiced it in the 1800's were morally reprehensible you simply wouldn't have the high quality individuals come out of that culture that are found today in leadership positions in industry, science, and all other aspects of life.
    I feel bad for so many good women in our church who have no fair and good opportunities for marriage with some one they really believe in and want to be with and have a family, and refuse to settle for less.
    Think about Susan Cox Powell and her poor choice, or maybe lack of opportunities.
    There simply are not as many faithful men than women in the church and I know you all see the evidence of this in your own wards.

    ReplyDelete